• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Small writup on my new mods

Sidewinder

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Website
www.streettechracing.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX LE
WEBSITE
www.streettechracing.com
This summer I put on a Mountain Mod seat on my 06 RTX as per Grimm's recommendations, well he was right .
Although it was just a few hrs at the lake as trails were not open last weekend , I loved the seat feeling and stifness but not tooo stiff.

Next I had the rear shock revalved by ShocDoc in Waterloo Ontario .
I dont hear that damm transfer rod bangin around no more and the ride is great .
Did a few radar runs 1000 ft , I personally got 94.6 with my 260 lb wind breaking #*$&@ on it.
Put a slightly lighter rider who is alot smaller than I and can tuck got 100. mph in 1000 ft.
Overall Im happy with the numbers as its a trail sled and not a ice racer to me.
If I want to go stupid fast I have a race car that will run 7.60s this year with the Nitrous or if I go the N/A deal it should run 8.30"s all motor.

Im going out on trails tomorrow to see how it works in a real rough situation .
Ill post more results then.

Nice write up, how much lighter was the new seat?

For your mustang, if you ever need a fender, I have a brand new psgr front fender that im trying to unload. My mustang was a 4cyl LX that I converted to a GT with 5.0 badges!

DOH where were you last week.
What do you want for it, always good to have around.

As for the seat its ultra light, very comfortable , the stocker would sag it was so soft so I was below 90 degrees , killed my hips.

Back