• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Trackers on Stock Skies

Mototown

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex 40 th
Anyone try running snow trackers on stock Sidewinder ski ?

Last edited:

Yes I do run them. 2011 Vector 136, single keel, aggressive model. My riding partner was sceptical so on our first ride we installed them on his Vector (same year and model). If he didn’t like them I would take them and use them on mine. First ride he thought they were pretty good until we switched machines. His response was OMG! mine were bergstroms triples with a much heavier feel. We now both run snowtrackers.

Ok tks , I order a set . But was hoping someone had them on the stock sidewinder ski .

Last edited:
Not sure how they would work on your sidewinder but I run them on my eps apex and they do wonders, night n day difference is a understatement to say the least.

Anyone try running snow trackers on stock Sidewinder ski ?
Ive got the semis on my 2017 rtx. In hard pack, nothing is better IMO. They will still push in soft mashed potato snow, but you'll have 0 darting and 100% improvement over stock in any condition.

That push you are getting is from the dual keel skis, the snow builds up between the 2 keels and it cause the sled to slide/push in the corners, you don’t get that with a single keel ski and that’s why so many guys love the old Yamaha single keel ski with snow trackers

Ive got the semis on my 2017 rtx. In hard pack, nothing is better IMO. They will still push in soft mashed potato snow, but you'll have 0 darting and 100% improvement over stock in any condition.

Tks ,That's the answer I was looking for, the main problem I have right now is twitchy feed back on stock carbides on hard pack . The loser the trail the better it gets .I can always find a happy medium for the soft potato snow .
I had snow trackers on my 08 Apex , steering was almost perfect . With that and the motor , makes it hard to buy something new ...lol

After trying several different skies and set up's I installed Snowtrackers on my '14 Viper with the single keel Cat ski three years ago and haven't looked back since. I now have them on both of my sleds (SW and Vip).
Last year in really poor conditions I burned up the Snowtrackers (slides and everything else), the carbide was completely gone but the flat plate had some life left in it. In a pinch I installed 6" SnowStud carbide with the Snowtracker plate. The "razor" like turning isn't quite as good with the ST carbide but it tracks straight, turns just as easy and after 1800 miles they look good enough to keep running them.
Typically after a season a standard carbide like the SnowStud would be toast, but in this case they look good enough to keep running. IMO that plate is the key to the longevity and steering effort

I have snowtrackers on the stock tuner skis on my winder right now ran them all last season. I bought single keel skis and a set of snowtrackers for them for this year. I flat out hated them on the tuner skis. very heavy steering adjusted out the heavy steering and then I didn't feel like I was in control.. Loved the ST on my apex with single keel skis so I hope this will cure it. on a side note if anyone wants a set of tuner skis with snowtrackers already installed I will let them go fairly cheep maybe you will have better luck.

YES, i rode with them & here is the situation. They are excellent on groomed trails, but MUST be set up for them.
You MUST take ski pressure off the ski's to make the Trackers work. If not, it gets darty. Ski's must be parallel also.
They will push in powder because the Tuner is short & skinny. Still better then stock.
I was running Curves with SlimJims which are good, but the Trackers on Tuners were better for cornering on hard pack. 5 out of the 5 guys that rode it agreed.
Now the Tuner ski is not a good aggressive ski anyways so there is a huge difference.
It was soo impressive that this year i am trying Snowtrackers on my Curves.
Details next week...

That's the real 411 on Trackers on Tuners.

You can take that to the bank!

P.S: Can anyone name the TV show that came from?

Hard to Kill. I'm gonna take you to the bank Senator Trent, to the blood bank.

The snow tracker guys should have added sleeves where the studs that come up through the skies.there is a lot of slop in the holes to get the carbides parallel

Attachments

• E989EA25-9674-4EB5-B408-2C0E0677A9DA.jpeg
    E989EA25-9674-4EB5-B408-2C0E0677A9DA.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 1,230
  • F7911142-9C39-4145-BE2E-264D054DFED6.jpeg
    F7911142-9C39-4145-BE2E-264D054DFED6.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 2F629089-475E-409C-A290-3B0D1A9B0354.jpeg
    2F629089-475E-409C-A290-3B0D1A9B0354.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 980
  • F6D57686-AA97-4E32-9589-7A87C7917C30.jpeg
    F6D57686-AA97-4E32-9589-7A87C7917C30.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 521
Snow trackers are well worth the money and will out last reg carbides 3 to 1. I turned my friend on to them and he is now a dealer here in Maine!

Finished up putting a few hundred km this weekend. Definitely a lot better than stock carbides . Could get back to comfortably taking hand off handlebars to adjust visor. Much less effort to turn low speeds & almost as good as my old apex . Had to preload new centre spring about half inch . Tested back to back with stock sled same year .

Attachments

• 409C09D6-BCD6-4D0E-A6E7-B0AB51C1ED69.jpeg
    409C09D6-BCD6-4D0E-A6E7-B0AB51C1ED69.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 468
YES, i rode with them & here is the situation. They are excellent on groomed trails, but MUST be set up for them.
You MUST take ski pressure off the ski's to make the Trackers work. If not, it gets darty. Ski's must be parallel also.
They will push in powder because the Tuner is short & skinny. Still better then stock.
I was running Curves with SlimJims which are good, but the Trackers on Tuners were better for cornering on hard pack. 5 out of the 5 guys that rode it agreed.
Now the Tuner ski is not a good aggressive ski anyways so there is a huge difference.
It was soo impressive that this year i am trying Snowtrackers on my Curves.
Details next week...

That's the real 411 on Trackers on Tuners.

You can take that to the bank!

P.S: Can anyone name the TV show that came from?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time - Baretta!

Back