• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Trackers & Transfer

Back from UP today & my XTX with snowtrackers did very well in all conditions with my transfer turned slightly to skis. I felt bad for my bud with Se in deep stuff using Stud boy duece bars those do pretty well but way more effort tham STs and STs a vacation compared to my old triple points. IMO STs the best $200 you can spend to improve your Apex....a must.

My exact thoughts when I got my first pair back in 07!!!

Have used triple points since Scott came out with them, still use them on my Doo but the Apex just needs sno trackers to make it perform correctly. Have ridden same day, same conditons, back to back comparisons between the two. ST are the Apex's best friend.

I would guess you're getting more inside ski lift because the bars are biteing where you were pushing before? I never ran a ice ripper track so not sure on that effect as I'am sure it's not as agressive as conventional studs. One other thing is to set front spring pre load just so the springs are not loose with sled off the ground, this should make your A arms parallel to the ground with sled on the ground.
Is this for top speed or handling what are the affects on sled

For handling, and I noticed no topend loss even as ugly as they are.

Back from UP today & my XTX with snowtrackers did very well in all conditions with my transfer turned slightly to skis. I felt bad for my bud with Se in deep stuff using Stud boy duece bars those do pretty well but way more effort tham STs and STs a vacation compared to my old triple points. IMO STs the best $200 you can spend to improve your Apex....a must.

Can you post where you ended up with your setup on your sled. Ordered a set of ST's as my Bergstroms are shot. Experienced the same issues even when the triple points were in good shape.

11 -13 use different snowtrackers!
11-12 there was a change in the spindle location and requires a different level of aggressiveness. if you put aggressive ST'ers for a 2011 on a 2012 ski they can be too aggressive and cause you to flip your sled.

N
Can you post where you ended up with your setup on your sled. Ordered a set of ST's as my Bergstroms are shot. Experienced the same issues even when the triple points were in good shape.
No magic set up to stock directions online from Snow Tracker in Canada on my 212Apex xtx. I did turn a hair more transfer on the front skis from the 4 nuts on the adjustment for the CK. Many 1000s of miles since original installation and getting a little push now so thinking of a bit more transfer to skis. However I did get bucked Thursday on virgin rail road tracks in dark no idea they were there riding number 2 position. Never had a problem crossing rail road tracks at road crossings so be careful on virgin track crossing. Oh yeah almost forgot... I left shim in ski boots just seemed like a good idea for even wear.

Getting push so took transfer to line 3 on transfer rods for more pressure on skis. 5000 miles on this set of aggressive STs so far.

N

No magic set up to stock directions online from Snow Tracker in Canada on my 212Apex xtx. I did turn a hair more transfer on the front skis from the 4 nuts on the adjustment for the CK. Many 1000s of miles since original installation and getting a little push now so thinking of a bit more transfer to skis. However I did get bucked Thursday on virgin rail road tracks in dark no idea they were there riding number 2 position. Never had a problem crossing rail road tracks at road crossings so be careful on virgin track crossing. Oh yeah almost forgot... I left shim in ski boots just seemed like a good idea for even wear.

I was mainly looking for the rest of your rear suspension setup. I got them installed and toe set per instructions. I also left my ski shims in. Making a trip this weekend so will fine tune, but always nice to have some sort of a base setup that has worked for someone else.

Do not leave shims in. The leading edges of the trackers need to be in the snow to work and they will steer easier with them out also!

C
I was mainly looking for the rest of your rear suspension setup. I got them installed and toe set per instructions. I also left my ski shims in. Making a trip this weekend so will fine tune, but always nice to have some sort of a base setup that has worked for someone else.
Cant tell you anything constructive with iced up suspension and just had all my shocks rebuilt maybe 2000 miles ago. I did turn my block to medium after rebuild and softened up the clicker a bit. Again backed off center shock as instructed in installation directions and hit it close so tweaked in final ski pressure thru transfer rods. I left my shims in skis ...ST in Canada had no opinion on this but some here say don’t do it. I compared my ST performance with 2 other 2012 xtxs and was exactly the same except my cam block was at hard at the time. They did not have ski shims. I know there is a lot of scary information regarding STs but set up properly they are razor sharp on Apex just be careful on virgin rail road tracks and will slide on bare pavement other than that your are good. Enjoy best handling ever with eps and zero darting with stock single keel skis.

Back