• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOWFLAP GETTING CAUGHT IN REVERSE!!!!!

wantsnow

Extreme
Hey guys, My 04 warrior seems to always catch it's own arse when backing off the trailer. I bought this sled used with a few stud scars already in the flap so I don't think it's from my riding only! My question is do you guys also have this problem and are there any fixes. I thought I saw a Yamaha snow flap for sale on ebay that was much shorter than mine. Is there any cooling issues if I switch to a shorter flap. It's a real pain and embarassement pulling the snow flap out every time I back up. Please help!

A lot of Apex owners were having this issue as well. Yamaha now makes a stiffer flap that sticks out more to keep this from happening.

simple strap worked great for me.took 10 mins never sucked the flap again

Attachments

• warrior 003.JPG
    warrior 003.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 152
jwifferdill said:
What kind of cooling issues are you guys referring to in regards to certain flaps?
Some claim that too short of a flap doesn't keep enough snow in the tunnel for the coolers. I believe it's an urban legend. Besides, our coolers are on the running boards except for the one on the bulk head. Snow flap length isn't going to effect that one anyways.............

Just so everyone knows, the new style 07' flap is maybe a little better than the previous flap, but its still does the same thing. I ave drivven over it so hard that I bent the aluminum support holding it there. Going to trim it a few inches along that crease line, then see how it does.

wantsnow said:
Where is the cheapest place to get a blue 12 " flap? ebay? anyone have one for sale? or any other suggestions?

Port Yamaha in the vendor section would prolly be the cheapest, but some guys have cut their stock ones.

The problem is once you do it the trim piece that holds the flap bends and angles in just get a large screwdriver and bend the aluminum piece back out and that will lessen the problem.

Jim

Back