• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOWMOBILE JACKET & BIBS TIP.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
Probably some of you already do this. I find it hard sometimes to grab the little tab or what ever else the manufactures put on their zippers to pull them up or down, and after a lot of use, these little grips come off. They are also hard to grab with gloves on. What I do, is take zip ties and put them on the ends of the zippers. There is almost always a place where you can put the zip tie through. Don't pull the zip tie tight, but leave a loop in it about an inch, or inch and one half in diameter, then cut off the excess end. Now you have an easy loop to grab onto to pull your zippers up and down, even with your gloves on. I put them on all my zippers on my jacket and bibs. Most of my clothing is black, so I use black zip ties, but if you look around you can buy zip ties in almost any color you want.

Probably some of you already do this. I find it hard sometimes to grab the little tab or what ever else the manufactures put on their zippers to pull them up or down, and after a lot of use, these little grips come off. They are also hard to grab with gloves on. What I do, is take zip ties and put them on the ends of the zippers. There is almost always a place where you can put the zip tie through. Don't pull the zip tie tight, but leave a loop in it about an inch, or inch and one half in diameter, then cut off the excess end. Now you have an easy loop to grab onto to pull your zippers up and down, even with your gloves on. I put them on all my zippers on my jacket and bibs. Most of my clothing is black, so I use black zip ties, but if you look around you can buy zip ties in almost any color you want.

Small little loop rings like tiny key chains work well too.........

I had this issue pulling my glove straps (FXR Mountain Yami), i tied para-cord through them and a small knot. this way if they end up in my sleeve they don't cut me like a zip tie and stay warmer unlike metal key rings.

LOL....I did that a few weeks ago with black zip ties....the zippers on my old ski doo bibs...part leather and still a great bib compared to many out there....but the zipper broke. A local woman does sewing so she put in steel gold zippers! A friend says it's bling...like a gold stripe running down the legs..but the big professional grade zippers are great...35 bucks to sew them in..

Ok here it goes. I was hoping you were going to have a cure for our nipples hurting from the bib straps rubbing on them all day. I had a bartender hand me a couple circle band aids. Cured everything till ya take them sob's off. Wax job without wax that's all I am going to say.

Back