• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So my wife says

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
Why are you taking apart a brand new sled? She doesn't get that these things aren't gas and go. LOL. SO I put in a 4th wheel kit, hose protectors, rollover bypass kit, DMC top gear, welded tensioner roller, brass shift fork pads, driveshaft saver, upnorth tech bracket for gas, oil tank gasket, rear tunnel savers, tunnel saver kit, seat screw, belt adjuster, and padded fuse box in front. Still have to do ice scratchers, wanna replace rear axel with solid one piece, one nut axel, belly pan protector, and rivnut lower panels. She just doesn't get it.

20221108_113314.jpg

I am not pleased with the rear axel in this thing. One solid piece but has 2 bolts, one on each end. So, the left side if frozen can loosen the bolt when taking off. I have seen it happen on an Apex when someone had the axel placed right to left.

Come to think of it, almost every problem with these sleds I have had on my 2018. It has 14,800 miles on it, and for the most part has been pretty bullet proof. The 2 things that actually ruined a trip could have been prevented by being proactive.

These were caught before any problems.
Worn top gear>>Check. New DMC gear installed
Loose bolts in tensioner>>Check. Caught when chaincase opened, welded the bolt.
Worn Driveshaft>>Check. New driveshaft installed. driveshaft saver installed.

These ruined trips
Broken tab off bottom of chaincase after hitting big G-out. Lost gear oil unknowingly, and sled ground to a stop.
Frozen rollover valve, blew out oil tank gasket and lost 3 quarts of oil in 10 seconds. Ruined Quebec trip 3 days early.

What is meant as to padded the fuse box? I haven't seen this one.

What is meant as to padded the fuse box? I haven't seen this one.
I believe he means, between the fuse box and base it mounts on, have been wires chafed between the two, i used a piece of rubber inner tube between mine.

what’s up with those black plates on the rear suspension front mounts ?

Back