• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So whats the deal now with closing off of the tunnel?

Tunnel

Close the gat dang thing up. I cut a sheet of aluminum a month or so ago and after several rides, trail and powder there has been no over heating issues. I am also running a pipe which gets much hotter than the stocker and still no probs.

re

Thinking about that too... When I close the rear hole I may just take the rear side panels off. I think it looks better without them anyway.

Yah i was thinking about that too. I have decided to go ahead with closing the tunnel, does anyone have any tips on how to remove the seat? I cant quite figure it out. :drink:

Take out the 2 bolts on the sides and slide the sear back. should come right off.

I was just thinking... Maybe closing the tunnel may also help with overheating issues. It kind of goes along the same lines as the function of the snow flap, it is not only to keep stuff from hitting the guy behind, but also to keep the snow in so that it can be moved into the heat exchangers. So now, with the tunnel closed, we'll have that much more snow getting to the front, were before it was just causing an ice dam in the tunnel from the snow melting.

Trevor

Looks like the consensus is to cover it. We have a bunch of flat 18 gauge stainless I'm going to use to completely cover it. Thats what I used to make the partial cover in the pic in my original post. Its going to be nice this year with dry legs :)

re

I just finished closing off the tunnel and getting my sled back together. I hope to go riding on sunday(hopefully it warms up enough) and will see how it goes.

cork said:
I just picked up my GT from my dealer after the warranty fix. He said he had just received tunnel enclosure pieces. They are simple a simple flat piece of sheet metal that have small louvers on them. They are made by excell and cost is $69 installed. SOLD!!! ...
I like it. Will ask my dealer to put one on my GT when the recalls are done.

131e64f70.jpg

149b42710.jpg

re

I had the 08 shrouds on(I have a 08 mtx) and the suck. You still get lots of ice built up under the seat. Just save yourself the time and hassel and close the tunnel off solid. no ice built up and it doesn't get too hot at all.

Thanks.I also closed most of mine(left half of back open under muffler)but have some homemade sides.Thinking of putting the 08s on just for looks.

for those of you who have coverd the hole for your self, what gauge and what kind of metal did you use? aluminum? stainless?

Back