• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Solid State Fuel Relay.

No need to cut this relay apart to know what happened. A hole in the top doesn't help. I have no idea how it got there unless it happened when I had the sub frame off for reinforcement. How I didn't see that hole the night it happened , I guess I wasn't really looking at the tops, just checking the wiring.

Attachments

• 20140128_221121.jpg
    20140128_221121.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 115

No need to cut this relay apart to know what happened. A hole in the top doesn't help. I have no idea how it got there unless it happened when I had the sub frame off for reinforcement.

Attachments

• 20140128_221121.jpg
    20140128_221121.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 103
NITRIS: Reached out to Yamaha Tech Support-The new RED relay (8GN-81950-00-00, Ref #27 in 2014 fiche) will replace all three relays (except headlight). The Red Solid State Relays were designed to withstand the colder temperatures. You should not have to replace all three because as earlier stated, by Grizz I believe, the fuel relay is the only one that requires pre-ignition power....Thanks Grizz and Kevin at Port Yamaha....

Great info about the relays. Can anyone confirm that the color of the wires for the Apex are the same as the Nytro ?

Thanks Tony. It was more of a principal thing that I had to prove to myself. My dealer was telling me they had a letter from Yamaha stating only for fuel but they could not verify it so I called BS on their part. I still put the red one in anyway.

Ok , not sure if I am getting good info on this but 2 weekends ago I started my sled and headlight and taillight didn't come on for about 2-3 minutes after started. Dealer says use this new red one to replace old headlight relay, so can I not use it there

I think you need to replace the Load control relay. I think Grizz said the headlight relay was only for hi/lo operation. The red relay only replaces the Load, Fuel and Fan relay. Headlight relay is a different part number. My lights came on after shutting off the sled and yours is slow to come on. I would think it is the same relay just the reverse problem I had.

Does anyone know of an automotive type replacement for this relay. My dealer wont have one in stock until Friday and I would like to have a spare in my pocket just in case.

sledME said:
Does anyone know of an automotive type replacement for this relay. My dealer wont have one in stock until Friday and I would like to have a spare in my pocket just in case.

Where do you live? I bought an extra one.

burgerbone said:
sledME said:

Where do you live? I bought an extra one.

I'm in Maine but it looks like warm weather so I should be ok until the part comes in.

Back