• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension kit for XTX skid

All i can say is that there's a lot more transfer with this kit. Have yet to try it on rough trails.

I'm looking closely at the center shock lower link removal mount. Could be the answer to stop the shock eye from hitting the track and being damaged.

Looks like it turns the skid into an older cat type.

Hard to say at this point. Newly discovered option for XTX models.
Never seen on TY until a few weeks ago.
But... I'll go out on a limb and say.
If it works well to free up the XTX chassis (binding sagging) issues.
Then $300 is a lot less than I've already put into my skid.
Shock re-valve, hygear spacers, stiffer springs, 4th click, 2011 spring holder update etc.

I'll post feedback soon as were supposed to get 10'' of snow tonight. So maybe ridding it tomorrow.

Cant wait to hear how it affects the sleds bump abillity/range! Also, dont forget to add it to the long list of mods in your signature :)

ttt

kinda interested to know if others have used their services and products. I see they sell an adjusting cam for the rear springs. Wondering if they take the sag out of the skid

Any updates??? I have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket!! lol
Really interested in how this setup works. I dont have a problem with sag, but then again I only weigh in at 155lbs. My biggest issues is the fact that the skid doesnt react to the small trail chop, but still bottoms easily on the big stuff(atleast it does the way I ride it through the big stuff)

IMHO i'd wait to see results from those who have tried it out.
One area I'm interested is the front shock mount to raise the eye off the track. As much as I like this idea I'm leery.
Moving the shock up puts the shock part way into the beginning of the stroke. Plus when bottoming out puts the shaft too far inside the shock.
Just food for thought.

Thanks, Im not really ready to jump on this yet, but deffinitly interested in how well it works.

As far as the front shock mount, doesnt the stock setup move the lower mount towards the shock as the swing arm is compressed. Havent had mine in the shop yet this year, but it seems like the linkage rotates up as the front arm compresses, shortening the shock at a faster rate then the Star set up?!?!

Time the get the sled in the garage to check it out

I've got my skid out for shock rebuilds at the moment.
I'll have another look at the stock linkage tonight.

Back