• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension kit for XTX skid

Consider a search? There are many methods or ways

Consider a search? There are many methods or ways
I have and know of a few other options. Since this eliminates the sliding bars I preferred this but wanted to know if ppl are starting to have problems with the kit or not. Its been a few years since its initial launch and rising on the forum so figured brign it back to life if anything.

I for one am glad you brought this conversation back up. I have read every post and I am ready to order a star kit. Thanks. Al

Mine should be arriving today, so I will let you know in a few months, lol.
Seriously, I have not seen a bad post about them. I had them redo my shocks and put a heavier spring on the middle shock while they were there.

I wonder what shipping to the lower 48 states is. Many ppl posting reviews about them are from Canada.

They appear to have a US shipping address also, so it may not be as bad as you think for shipping if they bring it over the border and ship it from VT.

I should have mine back in 2 weeks, just in time for the snow. Looking forward to trying out the kit.

I put a Star kit on mine just a few weeks ago. Plus I opted for shock re valve work with a sleeve. I think he also shortens the front shock stroke. Any way can't wait to ride again

My shocks are at Roberts shop now! Looked long and hard at the posts for 4 plus years and finally pulled the trigger......

215 with gear, any benefit to replacing the torsional springs with Ulmers 1900nm or would that be counter productive?

My shocks are at Roberts shop now! Looked long and hard at the posts for 4 plus years and finally pulled the trigger......

215 with gear, any benefit to replacing the torsional springs with Ulmers 1900nm or would that be counter productive?

You won't need to replace the torsion springs.

They told me to keep my springs on the softest setting. He set my shocks to 220lbs. They did replace my front coil spring to a stiffer spring.

Wow....they turned my shock around on the same day they received it. Can't beat that!

Quick question, I have my skid shocks at Hygear right now and they told me to eliminate the Star linkage on the front shock due to it removing the rising rate of the spring/shock. Said to leave Star kit in rear as it works really well.
Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm 215 also and I have the center shock spring preload max'ed, longest limiter setting, all shocks on softest they can go (maybe 2 clicks up from full soft), and rear torsion springs on S also.
I bottom out maybe 3-5 times a year, and usually only in huge holes or ruts etc. Otherwise the ride is awesome.
People who switch sleds with me always comment how nice of a ride it is.

As for hygear making that suggestion, I am unsure. Do you really need the rising rate? I think with the kit the rear shock does most the work and the center shock just acts as pivot/transfer point?

I'm sorry, but why would you mix and match components and setups fron2 different companies. No knocking Hygear. They do what they do very well. Star has developed and tested their system and it works. Its just that , a system. I'm trusting Star in my setup, re spring and revalve. They've done all the work and I get the benefit of that.

Back