• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star XTX suspension sag

SteelerJim

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I just got done installing the Star Suspension kit on my 2011 Nytro XTX and the sled still seems to sag in the back just as bad as it did before installing the kit. It will stay up somewhat until I press it down but doesn't rebound. I'm very puzzled by this after reading all the opinions of the members here. I have the torsion Springs set to heavy and Star did a revalve and rebuild on the shocks. I weigh 185 pounds. I have looked at the instructions and photos numerous times and I don't think anything was installed improperly? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Maybe contact Star.. they dont advertise on here so not all that much for support from them. I am sure there is enough of these kits maybe someone could help.

Are your skis elevated on dollies or something?

The sled is sitting flat with the exception of having Snowtrackers on. I did ride around the field a few laps today, it seems to ride ok as far as I can tell in a 1/3 mile or so

Hello friend... I installed the very same kit. Did not revalve the front track shock. Rode one season, then recently changed the stock exhaust can to an ultra Q. Just today, I'm getting the Nytro ready for Montana and tested the 'sag' after seated and climbed off. I'm 5'07" about 175lbs and the kit barely moved. Before you call Star Suspension, give it a chance and ride

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 110
Th
Hello friend... I installed the very same kit. Did not revalve the front track shock. Rode one season, then recently changed the stock exhaust can to an ultra Q. Just today, I'm getting the Nytro ready for Montana and tested the 'sag' after seated and climbed off. I'm 5'07" about 175lbs and the kit barely moved. Before you call Star Suspension, give it a chance and ride
Thanks for posting this. It makes me feel a bit better. I read about the no sag comments from everyone and got concerned as it sags almost as much as the original suspension

I've had the kit for 4 years now (i think)...my sag is maybe a inch or two (rear bumper) when playing with it in the shop.
Before it was 4-5". Make sure the skid is fully greased, the springs and linkage are still responsible for pulling it back up.
You have some resistance somewhere.

Kit is great. I have a buggered up back and can't believe I rode for a few years without it. Everything on soft for me, and I'm 200lbs.
Like riding in warm butter ha!

Back