• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting my Z1 skid install

Thanks
It runs very well for a sled with old man mirrors. Makes even worse to get beat by it. Lol

Next year I will put an Apex seat on it and hand guards with mirrors.

They are nice to have that's for sure

That's for sure

Thanks Larry, did you get a chance to ride it yet? Any pics?

I have put on about 10 miles on my sled around home but not much snow. So far it seems to ride awesome.
Heading to Newberry this weekend to put some miles on to test out the nea skid. Excited to see how it does. I will report on Monday with how it does.

I now have about 650 miles on my sled with the Z1 skid. I started out using Fox Float II shocks. I did not like the ride so I bought a set of GYTR shocks. This is now the best riding sled that I have ever owned. I went with the 128- 1 inch Hacksaw track and I can say that I think the sled hooks better than it did with the 1.25 Ripsaw. It also does better in deep snow than it did. When riding down a trail that has several inches of loose snow the sled seems to just cut through the snow. With the mono it always seemed to fight the snow and push the snow in front of the track and hold it back. I have only one complaint. Not sure why but it lost some top end. With the Mono it would run 116mph on GPS. The first trip out this year on a hard pack road it only pulled 106 mph GPS. Still looking into why this is happening. The sled does set a lot high than it did so this may be part of the problem. On the first high speed run I felt something funny when running wide open. Last weekend I felt it again. This time I could tell that the track was jumping the drivers. I didn't expect this because it doesn't do this out of the hole. So I am wondering if the track is scrubbing off speed by rubbing on the tunnel protectors. I will tighten the track and see if it helps. One last bonus is with the rear of the sled setting higher and adding a 136 tunnel extension, I can now back my sled up with out the snow flap catching the studs and stopping the sled.

I'm glad its working out for you. There will be some fine tuning setting up the skid in your machine. I spent some time on mine to get it handling right. There isn't a lot of weight transfer with the Grand Touring skid, but the main thing is that it handles me and me wife quite well and it rides pretty good with just me with a simple two second turn of the spring adjusters in the back. I found a guy who can build me a set of Fox Zeros for it since there isn't any good gas shocks for it available. The oil shocks that it came with don't have the best dampening and rebound control in the world. I'm glad its working out for you and it also sounds like your on the right path to getting it set up properly.

Thanks Superfan,
I am going to turn up the spring tention a little on the next ride in the rear. It does bottom out once in a while. One thing I forgot to mention is with the Fox Floats, it lifted the inside skI bad on the corners. Now with the GYTR front shocks, she corners nice and flat.

Attachments

• IMG953885.jpg
    IMG953885.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 79

Back