• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stator Bad?

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
Started out as headlights (HID's) would shut off completly them turn back on randomly all night!! Idled like crap and would sometimes die. Was throwing code 81-handwarmers. Was going about 20mph slowed down to turn and sled died just shut off, all power was still to the dash then i turned the key off and then turned it on and guage was not as bright as usuall proceeded to turn engine over and fired right up headlights came on and ran good then later again they would randomly shut off then come back on. Whats the problem with this P.O.S.. Has 6,900 miles on it
Thanks,
Jordan

Check your relays up in the front. May be a short circuit/loose connection or bad relay connections The headlight and fuel pump relay is located there.
Also the 09 is famous for a short circuit of the wiring harness located behind the primary clutch. Mine was throwin codes all over the place, when I moved the harness I never seen one that didn't make sense afterwards.

Hey thanks allot guys im going to tear into it tonight ill post what I find

Well, what did you find?!?! I know its been 7 years since this post, but mine is currently doing the exact same thing! Minus the HIDs
Been searching for rub throughs and shorts, ohm'd the stator, tested the battery etc etc etc. Not having any luck

Back