• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stop the ski lift!

attaknytro

Veteran
i was wondering if you guys have had any luck gettin your nytro's to stay on the ground. i cant get mine to stay down in the corners, that skis lift like crazy...i cant go that fast through the corners or i'll tip over lol...have you adjusted the limiter strap or skis or whatever to get it to stay down? i've tried adjusting stuff but i cant seem to get it right.....thanks for the help!! :4STroke:

attaknytro said:
i was wondering if you guys have had any luck gettin your nytro's to stay on the ground. i cant get mine to stay down in the corners, that skis lift like crazy...i cant go that fast through the corners or i'll tip over lol...have you adjusted the limiter strap or skis or whatever to get it to stay down? i've tried adjusting stuff but i cant seem to get it right.....thanks for the help!! :4STroke:

I never tighten the limiter straps, I thinks it's a poor work around that ends up limiting your travel. I've gotten pretty much all of the inside ski lift gone without touching the straps. The two biggest things were getting the majority of the preload out of the center spring to lower your ride height and removing some air from the floats in the front. This along with Slydogs setup by Bergstrom and the sled is starting to rail around corners extremely well.

I Pulled my strap down one whole i kinda just got used to riding it out it seems like you feel like ur gonna tip over but ur really not try usin ur feet and kinda push the #*$&@ end around in the the corners seems to work with me i can ride faster than some of the guyz in my group

Try softening the suspension, Try taking some pre-load out of the front (coil-over) shock in the rear. I adjusted mine till there were only one or two threads left showing on the shock body. Also try the same with the front shocks, take some pre-load out.

I tried alot but the one thing that helped the most was that I tightened the rear limiter to 3rd hole. This really helped in limiting the weight transfer forward and in turn helped with the ski lift. It made the sled feel much more balanced front to rear.

Bpatch50 said:
attaknytro said:

I never tighten the limiter straps, I thinks it's a poor work around that ends up limiting your travel. I've gotten pretty much all of the inside ski lift gone without touching the straps. The two biggest things were getting the majority of the preload out of the center spring to lower your ride height and removing some air from the floats in the front. This along with Slydogs setup by Bergstrom and the sled is starting to rail around corners extremely well.

You are exactly right. I have not touched my strap. Just reduced my ride height and my sled loves the corners now. I have not issues with body roll and inside ski lift in the corners. Now if he is referring to both skis lifting, this has to be cured by not pressing on the gas so much.

loudelectronics said:
Bpatch50 said:
attaknytro said:

You are exactly right. I have not touched my strap. Just reduced my ride height and my sled loves the corners now. I have not issues with body roll and inside ski lift in the corners. Now if he is referring to both skis lifting, this has to be cured by not pressing on the gas so much.

It would be nice if you could add your set up here...I'm looking for a good XTX setup.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62502

loudelectronics said:
Now if he is referring to both skis lifting, this has to be cured by not pressing on the gas so much.

That is a good point. I too have noticed that my Nytro doesn't steer worth #*$&@ when the skis are in the air.
:tg:

Might be kinda silly, but I added a set of C&A Razors and tripple points to my sled, and I swear the change in bite has really helped keep the sled on the ground, as well as make it handle wwwaaayyy better..

Here is my set up for the XTX, it is not a ditch banging set up, but it does provide a nice ride in many conditions.

Front shocks
>spring in stock setting
>compression 3 turns in from full out. Less dampening reduces ski lift, turns better, sled stays flatter in corners.
>rebound 5 turns in from full out, less dampening keeps skiis on the snow

>center shock, stock spring setting

>rear shock full out to 3 turns in depending on trail conditions, less provides a plusher. smoother ride. Increased pressure from 150 to 300 psi, not sure if necessary?

Transfer rods, about 4 to 5 turns open from minimum red line.

>rear spring on hard for 230# rider, maybe medium for lighter riders, if it bottoms frequently, turn it up.

Longnecker

Back