• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supertech Motor treatment

Al Bundy

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Rx Warrior
Anyone try this? Looks similar to Seafoam. Was $4.83 16oz. Seafoam was $6.74 @ Wallyworld.
20160401_121506.jpg
20160401_121555.jpg

41mD9a5M6QL.jpg
I have not tried the Super tech but I have had very good luck with this product and its cheaper.

Yep they had that stuff too and it was indeed cheaper. I'm going to run the Supertech in my truck.

I've used both companies other products, such as spray carb cleaner, degreaser, slicone, etc. No complaints. Supertech was always cheaper. I'm a big seafoam fan, though, and run it in everything (sleds, car, truck, motorcycle, lawn mower, snow blower, weed eater, chainsaw, etc.) I hate to switch it up when something has been working. Let us know how it works.

Big seafoam user here too. I'll be sure to tell you how Supertech does.

I used the Supertech to treat my 07 silverado with 5.3. I've used seafoam in the past with success to control oil burning that I'm certain is caused by 4 cylinder shut down mode. I used the same process with supertech. 3/4 can into intake via brake booster vacuum line. 3/4 can into oil, 1 can into full gas tank. Let truck sit for couple hrs for treatment to work on intake parts, then take for 20 minute "spirited" ride (drive it like you stole it). It smoked pretty good out exhaust after start up but cleaned up after 5 or so miles. I changed oil and filter after about 100 miles. It was very black.
Results: Quieted valve noise, same as seafoam. Noticed better throttle response and idles smoothly. Oil usage and gas mileage changes yet to be determined. So far I'd say I'm pleased with results. As for the 1/2 can left over, split that between Warrior and Formula 500 half full fuel tanks. Ran both sleds about 10 minutes with treated fuel before storing. Hopefully keeps carb problems at bay!

Back