• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway Bar Disconnect

Voda2000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT 136"
My GT has the sliding block style sway bar. Has anyone ever seen a quick disconnect setup for this style on Yamaha or other brand?

I looked last season when testing sway on/off. Didn't find anything on the market quick connect wise.

If it was the ball joint style of link it would be easy to have something made up but I'm stumped on how to do it with the sliding style.

What was you decision in the end? Sway bar on or off?

After trying a bunch of combinations ON. I will however take it off if just pounding drifts, jumping and off trail days which is about 10% of my riding.
I tested on the 14 XTX, not so much with the 07 (which was on 99% of the time)

I've got the GT swaybar setup on my MTX and I prefer to just leave it on in the weakest setting. The GT bar, set to weak, has a lot more give in it than stock MTX 13mm bar had, which was almost none. I don't like the handling with no sway bar but my Ohlins are softer shocks than the stock ones so it way too mushy without the bar.

Back