• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway bars

lady owned

Probably a dumb question but can someone explain the benefit so the 13mm sway bar? I see it referenced a lot and don't understand.

Thanks

lady owned said:
Probably a dumb question but can someone explain the benefit so the 13mm sway bar? I see it referenced a lot and don't understand.

Thanks

It helps the sled stay flatter in the corners helping to stop inside ski lift.

It has it's pro's and con's, and the con's, from what I have read, is it gives too much feed back through the bars.

The pro's are obviously a better cornering sled, and I have also heard this feed back is hardly noticable if you have an EPS equipped sled.
(Lots more info here
http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=sear ... 24&bih=580
Hope this helps.

I'm only a rookie with 30 years of sledding experience and not a Yamaha groupie, but I love their sleds...so for what it's worth, I'm not aware of them ever putting a stock 13mm sway bar in any sled.

I just changed out the stock (11mm?) sway bar that came in my '12 Apex XTX for a Pioneer 13mm bar...huge difference! With snowtrackers, transfer adjusted and the strap pulled up one hole, I finally have removed any corner push in almost all conditions. It's a tie between the snow trackers and sway bar making the most difference in how it handles.

the 13 millimeter sway bar is actually 13 millimeters thick in the center.. the factory 1 is only 11 millimeters thick.. the thicker the bar the more force it can take before twisting

you can purchase 12 and 13 millimeter sway bars from Pioneerperformance.net for about 100 bucks.. both increase the flat handling and both add a little bit of feedback to the handlebars when you're riding..

I hope this helps you

Caveman said:
I'm only a rookie with 30 years of sledding experience and not a Yamaha groupie, but I love their sleds...so for what it's worth, I'm not aware of them ever putting a stock 13mm sway bar in any sled.

I just changed out the stock (11mm?) sway bar that came in my '12 Apex XTX for a Pioneer 13mm bar...huge difference! With snowtrackers, transfer adjusted and the strap pulled up one hole, I finally have removed any corner push in almost all conditions. It's a tie between the snow trackers and sway bar making the most difference in how it handles.

Don't know for sure, but I believe the new stock sway bar on the Apex is 11.75 mm's now?
That size I would like to try on my Vector instead of the 13mm.

I ran 13mm bar on my Rx1, it did help in corners but as mentioned when trails are rough it gives you extra feedback in the bars.

On my 07 attak Ive never felt the need for a different sway bar. I run the snow trackers and since they dont slide and then catch like alllot of wear bars it doesnt upset the sled in corners which believe it or not makes sled corner noticably flatter.

Irv said:
Caveman said:

Don't know for sure, but I believe the new stock sway bar on the Apex is 11.75 mm's now?
That size I would like to try on my Vector instead of the 13mm.

Irv, I believe you are correct on the size of the bar on the new Apex. I tried the 13mm bar on my SE. When exchanging them I measured the OE. Bar using open end wrenches. I could not slide an 11mm wrench over the stock bar and the 12 was a little loose. The size is closer to 12 than 11mm.

BTW, my preference is the stock bar. While the feedback is reduced in an EPS equipped Apex over older ones, it is still there and I'd rather have a smoother ride in the bars.

Back