• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking a peek at things

So.......is it the attitude, that any coolant is better than no coolant? Lol.
Any blessing is better than no blessing.

I would test whats in there. Some is not to max mix a preblended Motorcycle brand is supposed to be whats used. They say there is something in it for seals. I have used just about anything in them. Premix is nice so you don't have to get distilled water from wifes iron stash!

The spec is about 2" deflection pulling 20# with a spring scale for the track.
It will stretch

Focus on the belt tension...not how high it rides on the secondary..
Get the belt tension (there is a factory spec also) so that you can just move the belt by hand with difficulty with the parking brake on.

My race sleds and old trail sled all run with the belt hanging way out of the secondary..not done the Viper yet.
Lotta work.

IMG_0505.PNG
Keep your track tight enough this one racheted and rails stabed the track!

I would test whats in there. Some is not to max mix a preblended Motorcycle brand is supposed to be whats used. They say there is something in it for seals. I have used just about anything in them. Premix is nice so you don't have to get distilled water from wifes iron stash!
Manual says ethylene glycol.....nothing specific or special. I might add some type of conditioner.

Just Curious on the pic with the bent rails. Was it ever confirmed that the loose track caused it? He mentioned he was missing lugs too.

That must have been beyond loose....nothing like jt pic...

I added anti stab to my attak and think their a great idea and should come standard...

Can someone explain how a track loose enough to ratchet allows the rails to stab it? Always ran every sled by loosening till it rachets then tightening up slightly.

Twiz, look under your skid. Imagine that the track is being pulled by the drivers and "sticks" or follows the driver around a bit. Now the track kind of bows up between driver and rail. Skid moves, track sticks/bows at wrong time and rails catch on windows. Hope this helps. I like running track on loose side now that everything has extrovert style drivers so always run anti stab shaft.

Thanks for the explanation, I've never seen it happen but see how it could. Might look into anti stab myself, always run loose.

Back