• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The New Secondary Brain Child Is Done And Is Easy To Do

Very cool upbushman! I should have my jackshaft back soon and will be able to run my roller secondary. Will let you know how she runs. :)

It should maintain RPM better with this secondary due to the buttons, etc last longer, etc, but if you really want to maintain RPM better while going from trail to powder then the roller secondary is the way to go.

UP bushman, I did play with a 1995 secondary on a 2007 Phazer way back in 2007, but didn't see a huge performance gain, but reliability and longevity of the clutch will be much better.

Hey Srxspec what model FX, GT, MTX was the secodary on and do you remember the helix angle you were testing with and was it a straight or multi angle. I put a 42 degree straight helix in stock secondary and it woke up real nice. The first helix I was gone to try is a 43-39 multi angle and see what testing will show. I know there is no magic to a helix number with so many factors invovled. Thanks again for the info and a roller setup is a thought but seems to be limited on helix options with roller.

:4STroke: Say srxspec what secondary spring would you recomend with the YVX secondary clutch? At this time I have a brown spring and a 41 degree helix. Jake :yam:

Nice...

Unless the diameter of the helix face is the same as stock..then you can't compare the two. As the leverage is different.

Is the O.D. of the secondary the same as stock. I see the belt is a little low..giving less start ratio..but maybe thats what it has to be..

You got this far,,should be good..keep going... :Rockon:

Hey RJH the secondary is a bit bigger the stock secondary is 10 11/16" and the new YVX is 10 3/4". The belt is sitting a bit lower I just matched the sheave gap from the stock for the reverse issue it may need or can be reduced. There will be some tuning invovled come next season but should not take much to figure out.

I am running a 45 Helix and a black spring in secondary.Will look at other color on spring soon.Looks like light blue from pic.This was on a V-max500 motored pulling tractor.Seems to work great on Phazer!

Attachments

• reverse secondary 001.JPG
    reverse secondary 001.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 154
  • reverse secondary 003.JPG
    reverse secondary 003.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 164
cannondale27 said:
I am running a 45 Helix and a black spring in secondary.Will look at other color on spring soon.Looks like light blue from pic.This was on a V-max500 motored pulling tractor.Seems to work great on Phazer!

hey c27 how is that 45 degree helix when you get in the off trail in powder. What is your max rpm, with the 42 dgree in stock secondary with 17/41 gearing and proper primary weight I was seeing 10,800 rpms at full throttle. I will work on getting that up a bit next season now that I have something good to work with.

UP bushman said:
hey c27 how is that 45 degree helix when you get in the off trail in powder. What is your max rpm, with the 42 dgree in stock secondary with 17/41 gearing and proper primary weight I was seeing 10,800 rpms at full throttle. I will work on getting that up a bit next season now that I have something good to work with.

UP, does that mean that your keeping the phaze after the problem you had with the bearing, or are you still thinking of a change?

UP 11,100-11,300 with Ulmer Freeride wieghts and spring in primary no rivets.Depending on conditions.Could use about 200rpm more but with gas prices as they are may just leave it.

Hey yamahas after the initial disappointment of a Yamaha 4 stroke motor issue I will go back to original plan. Beat the tar out of this thing for a while and see how tuff it really is. A 2psi boost system was my next brainiac project before the motor issue. But since then I have had a chance to fix the bearing and run it and do some 40 holeshots and some serious beating and it seems to be holding up.

I tested my 07 Phazer Mtx with the yvx secondary off of a 1996 Phazer 2. It has a 41 deg helix and a brown spring twisted 70 deg. In hard pack snow it turns 11,600, soft snow about 11,400. I don't see much performance difference. It's way more tunable and it's a much better designed clutch. One advantage is it's much easier to change belts. The only problem I had was getting it in reverse. There is a fix for this, there is a shim behind the three little bolts in the back of the secondary. There are two different sizes .50mm thick and 1.0mm thick. My clutch has the thicker of the two. Buy putting the thiner shim and new bolts it will make the clutch wider and should cure the problem. I won't know till next year our snow is about done, Jake151. :yam: :4STroke:

jake151 said:
I tested my 07 Phazer Mtx with the yvx secondary off of a 1996 Phazer 2. It has a 41 deg helix and a brown spring twisted 70 deg. In hard pack snow it turns 11,600, soft snow about 11,400. I don't see much performance difference. It's way more tunable and it's a much better designed clutch. One advantage is it's much easier to change belts. The only problem I had was getting it in reverse. There is a fix for this, there is a shim behind the three little bolts in the back of the secondary. There are two different sizes .50mm thick and 1.0mm thick. My clutch has the thicker of the two. Buy putting the thiner shim and new bolts it will make the clutch wider and should cure the problem. I won't know till next year our snow is about done, Jake151. :yam: :4STroke:

Hey jake151 what gearing and track are you running.

I have a SRX Maxx perf roller secondary i was going to sell. But i am going to give it a try on my MTX phazer next year. i will have to take a look at it and see what angle and spring are on it and see how it is.

any ideas on a base set up?

Back