• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about R-TXSE

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
thinking about trading my apex on the R-TXSE
Not an aggressive rider
Never adjusted a shock or rear suspension due to trail conditions ...lol
Rode a srx for 3 years then my 2010 apex so not used to having real suspension

Any cons on this cheaper version?
I can't justify 2gs more for adjustable shocks

Imo, no cons whatsoever, the SE has also amazing shocks and will most likely be setup real good from factory. Another thing you could consider is have the dealer set up your suspension according to your weight and riding style. I'm sure they can set it up for you. Then again just post a question about anything here and for sure you'll get the answers your looking for, lots of guys with tons of experience here without a dought.

I actually like the color of the SE the best. I am hoping to go with the LE (most likely LTX ), though. I just figured if I am going to spend that kind of $, I want the best of the best. Who knows if it's actually worth it with the shocks or if I would even know the difference. I think you will be happy no matter what. And if you really don't even adjust your set up, I really don't think it will matter if you go with the SE. Congrats.

only con I see is MAYBE the rear shocks.. But what does anyone know about these shocks other then they are HPG. I really like the orange and black, and you know what if its that bad of a shock package(hpg) then I upgrade after the first season.. How bad can these shocks be?? I hope and think they may be more of a plush ride then the other package.. will see

I could careless what shocks are on there because I doubt very much I would be able to tell. And I'm sure 95% of the buyers out there are the same way. Most people buy the upgrade packages just because they want the best not because they need the best. If you have never adjusted the shocks on your sled then you are definitely not going to need an upgraded package. Save the money!

have you taken it out yet? Is it as fast as they say?

I have had many sleds with many different power shocks,from poos and doos and cats and gt yamahas,and even my 15 apex xtx has a single compression on the rear skid shock,and I adjust it as often as it makes sense for the trail conditions,i also have bought Zbroz shocks for over 2 grand for all 4 corners,and if you ride hard,and bumps a lot they make a world of difference,and not all shocks can be valved right,and I have found most Yamaha dealers don't do there owne revalve jobs either,some do,but on a lot of high end shocks a lot more don't than do,so for the extra 1300 bucks for the le over the se it is worth it to me.

Back