• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torsion spring update ?'s

tdog1225

Veteran
doing my seasonal upgrades and noticed my torsion spring guides are showing some wear and the mounts also. Nothing has wore through yet. For the cost of new plastic hooks, o-rings, and mounts = +\- 70 bucks. If I go to the updated 13 style holders it'll cost about the same? Can I just reuse the mount and move the boggie wheel forward to one of the other holes drilled into the rail? I'm getting some extra slide wear between where the outside wheel is currently and the wheels inside the skid near the front shock. Hence The reason I would like to move the wheel forward? I don't see the need to spend the money on the mounts for the front wheels that are supposed to be used. Will this work? If I don't reuse the slightly worn spring mounts i have an extra set of wheels mounted inside the rail that I can prolly take out and use that mount. They are the same as the mounts that mount the rear outside wheels on the xtx at the bend point? Please advise!!

Back