• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Clips

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Wow anyone else notice this? Both sides have two in a row no big deal and needed with this pitch track I guess and in this one spot left side 1 is missing. Never was on there as far as I can tell. :o|

Attachments

• DSC00634.JPG
    DSC00634.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC00633.JPG
    DSC00633.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 644

No clips 3 in a row is bull. Why would it be in just one spot? Oh well another project. Got a part number?

I fully clipped my track and with the dupont slides it rolls alot freer.Got the clips thru Parts Ulimited.44 clips to do the 129 track. :sled1:

I figure now I am missing 5 clips. All left side. No damage. Rest look great. Anyone else? Why?

Attachments

• DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 620
Well known fact that the clips will start disappearing when the miles go up, track clipped every third wasn't one of the better ideas. You might want to check your front rail caps as they are probably loose and contributing to the disappearing track clips.
Best to drill out the rivet that holds the cap in place and replace with a stainless Phillips head bolt, washers, and nut.

Caps are bolted stock on this one. Nice and tight. Nothing is catching. I believe they just werent fully crimped on that side. Was 4 missing so replaced and will tighten all the rest and see.

I used to lose them off my ripsaws on my stroked RX-1 Dennis Kirk or Shadetree will have them. The crimping tool is not expensive but it is best to use impact gun to crimp them way easier than wrench.

Anyone ever come up with a part number?

Crimpers I seen were 60 to 80 bucks. Maybe I'm looking the wrong place? ?

Anyone else lose clips? Found another gone today. Stocker. I marked ones I put on and they are all there. I think they are just loose. Going to fully clip track and tighten up all the rest. So 6 lost randomly now.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last one. Fully clipped. Tightened the rest. All done with sled ready for houghton Ty ride! Guys this type clip tool is awesome! Easy rather relaxing job of maybe 1 hr or so taking time. Extrovert drivers I am pretty sure should have a fully clipped track. Will turn this in also and see what they say.

Back