• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track/slide drag

You could be right. I've ran the ultimax belts in my nytro and really liked them, they lasted and there was way less belt dust under the plastics. But they're not out yet. But keep us posted on what you find out.

I really like the yammi belts had over 6000 miles on my attak belt.On my viper i have alot of belt dust maybe i will change belt and see.

Found something interesting today, that could be causing some drag. Took off my skid and the tunnel protectors are all black from the track rubbing against them, could that cause that much drag or is part of it like been said in this post. My track was nice and tight from day one.

Looked at my tunnel protectors today and no black on them. I did add an extra set of wheels about 2/3 back on the rails where my slides are wearing and ordered DuPont slides so hopefully between the two it helps it more on top end. I pulled the limiter strap up one hole in hopes that it would still have traction but it lost the traction and spun way too much for me! Speed is great but not at the sacrifice of not being able to have the sled launch.

Studroes144 said:
Looked at my tunnel protectors today and no black on them. I did add an extra set of wheels about 2/3 back on the rails where my slides are wearing and ordered DuPont slides so hopefully between the two it helps it more on top end. I pulled the limiter strap up one hole in hopes that it would still have traction but it lost the traction and spun way too much for me! Speed is great but not at the sacrifice of not being able to have the sled launch.
Did you adjust your transfer blocks when you pulled up straps,on my turbo i run the straps as tight as they go,and adjust the blocks to full transfer. As far as the glazed belt goes,i would suggest getting one of the aftermarket belts that has same width and length,even if belt is 1/2 longer,it wont hurt anything as long as you can get belt deflection set properly,and if anything will run a tad cooler,i would still look for an alt. belt in dayco xtx line untimax in pro 4 line or gates belts,all cheap and run very good.

I actually have the transfer blocks removed and am just using the aluminum shaft. For some reason, and I'm not sure if it's just my viper or all vipers, but even with the blocks removed it doesn't feel very light on the front end. I'm getting so I really like it as the sled stays very flat and planted on the trails however sometimes in really rough trails it would be nice to have more transfer to get the front end up over the bumps. So as for weight transfer I'm setup now for the most transfer. My buddy's xf7000 is totally stock and will pull the front end straight up in the air and to my knowledge everything is the same between the xf and viper ltx so now sure what is making the difference there.

Is weird the ltx is so planted. Found same with 7000 cat 137 I ride with. Mine hooks unbelievably and even with couplers on 3 it still wheelies even at 60. I set the limiters 1 tighter and it killed most of the lift. May have made it faster though. I will now try limiters sucked up 1 and couplers back to two or one and see. Otherwise will be a tough choice. Speed or very light front.

It is very strange to me as well. The sled will launch hard and pull the skis a couple inches but that's it. The term wheelie does not exist at all with my ltx. I don't really mind it like I said because it is so planted on the trail but would be nice if it had more hook up and transfer so that I was able to adjust limiters some

Studroes, It would be nice if you could make these changes one at a time, that way you get an idea of what made the biggest difference. Of course if you do it all and it fixes your issue that's good too.

sk-rx1 said:
Studroes, It would be nice if you could make these changes one at a time, that way you get an idea of what made the biggest difference. Of course if you do it all and it fixes your issue that's good too.

As of now the only thing I've did is added the one extra set of wheels and I will be able to get some riding in before my slides go on so I'll be able to tell if just the wheels made a difference. Not sure if that will show much tho as my slides are wore pretty bad where I put the wheels. I think once the slides go on that is going to help a lot. One of the procross guys posted a topic saying that this chassis needs more wheels so hopefully that helps. I already know that pulling the limiters up on mine killed traction but that may be just an ltx thing because cannondale I believe has pulled his up and isn't even on full transfer on his blocks and says it pulls the front end easily. Will report back whenever I'm able to get some time on it.

No I said pulling it up 1 which is only change I made killed almost all my wheelies/transfer. Blocks were on 3 already. 2-3 on mine made no difference I could feel. 1-2 was big diff since it was litterally un ridable on 1 and floated skiis even under very light throttle. 1 hole is only a 1/2in on limiter. Huge difference but not sure I can live with it. Front feels 50lbs heavier. There has got to be more than a length diff between the 137 and 129" cripes racing NosPro who has 141' was actually dangerous since both our sleds were well off the ground and almost collided and that was in very loose snow. That was before I tightened the strap but blocks were on 3. Definitly is tough doing one change at a time. Time is short. My next change is the rear shock and sadly I am also doing one spring at same time. When skid is out doing both. Lighter spring and shock. May never know which helped or hurted doing both.

Ok I miss understood thanks for the info. 1 hole up on my limiters killed all traction. Seems crazy the difference between the 129 and 137 as far as transfer blocks. Sounds like mine with the blocks removed is comparable to yours with the blocks on 2-3

Cannondale and Studrose just out of curiosity how much do you guys weigh. I'm a big guy and sleds that my buddies can't hook up I can stand on end without adjusting anything. Just wondering if the difference between the LTX and RTX you guys are describing is just difference in rider weight? Are you guys studded? Personally I haven't ridden mine yet but the one thing I missed on my Viper demo ride last spring was my Nytros playfulness and ability to lift the skis at will, the Viper I rode wouldn't lift at all. Hope mine is like Cannondale 's but handles like the demo.....

Deerhunter yesterday I had a chance to sit and jump on an rtx and just by doing that I can tell that rrtxis much softer then my ltx.

Back