• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track tension

No weight needed when you have a gadget:

Just did my tension with one; pretty slick!
Interesting. How's your track alignment now?
I have yet to have a snowmobile where track tension, on both sides, is equal.
If it is, track alignment is always off.

I do 2 inches at 20lbs on one side.
Then tighten to achieve track alignment.

However, I am a gadget and tool guy.
Shame on you for feeling the need to help me spend money. Ha!
I can do just fine on my own.
Just ordered one. Thanks:)

Interesting. How's your track alignment now?
I have yet to have a snowmobile where track tension, on both sides, is equal.
If it is, track alignment is always off.
Alignment seems good after setting tension equal on both sides. This device claims that when you set tension on each side, alignment will be set correctly by default. I will know more when I can test on the trail. On the lift, everything seems good.

So you have to push down on that device then adjust the track with hour other hand

So you have to push down on that device then adjust the track with hour other hand
No, unscrew device off the plate, place plate on track in a window, screw device through opening through plate, and it presses against rail. Tighten track adjusters until device compressed to the line. Hands are free for the adjustment phase. Here's a video:

Another:

In depth review:

That ISAT guage is pretty slick. I recently picked up Woodys track tension tool but have no qualms with it
WoodysTrackTension.JPG

Pretty slick little unit indeed!

Simple and very accurate. Measured tension "the old fashion way", tape measure & fishing scale, to double check.
Two inches at 20lbs. Spot on.

I was skeptical when instructions stated that if both sides tension are equal, track should be aligned by default.
Sure enough. Track alignment is real close to dead center. Could be run as is without issues.
But I always do final adjustments on the trail.

Great tool. Glad we got it.

Pretty slick little unit indeed!

Simple and very accurate. Measured tension "the old fashion way", tape measure & fishing scale, to double check.
Two inches at 20lbs. Spot on.

I was skeptical when instructions stated that if both sides tension are equal, track should be aligned by default.
Sure enough. Track alignment is real close to dead center. Could be run as is without issues.
But I always do final adjustments on the trail.

Great tool. Glad we got it.
Interesting! I always felt how tight the track is at the bend in front where it rubs. Just some moderate pressure to push it off the slides. Then center the internal drive lugs with the idler wheels in back, after tightening the rear axle. Many sleds tightening the axle moves the track a little one way or another. (Must run the track and watch it with a mirror. Just dont drop it with the track moving. lol
(Always done it this way on many sleds. And I have no wear on my front axle, no signs of spinning (2018 winder)

Back