• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trading in the Apex for a 13' Polaris Assault...

Ryanmlt1

So I went to the dealer I bought the 06 Apex at yesterday. Was looking at the used sleds and they have a 13 Polaris Switchback Assault 144" 4000mi for $8,400. Showroom condition. Althought he Polaris guys at HCS say should have a top end done. So I just asked not even seriously what he would take for trade on my Apex. he said $4k! They know the sled since I bought it from them they also know what I paid.

I bought the Apex last year. I really like it but miss jumping off trail. I got really stuck last year in a 1' 1/2 of powder. This made me really sad considering it was just from a stop and go on an un-groomed trail... It made me miss my RMK a little. I was going to put the big boy springs on the Apex and need some maintenance. Just curious on your thoughts. I always got sound advice from you guys.

You can try it. They all need money after the sale. I always tell people if your not in love with the engine the apex probably isn't the sled for you. After riding my boosted apex 800's seem like 440's now, just anemic. So I ruined any chance of going back to a smoker because they just have no grunt compared to what I am used to. If your not used to that or have no desire for that a smoker might be a better option.

I have seen a pile of these on kijiji here in New brunswick....most of them have had a new motor recently and none of them are older than 2012,i was considering one of these last winter as a second sled....something to play in the snow with but after doing a little research and seeing all of these switchbacks on kijiji,i don't think i will bother,but to each there own.

Just came to yamaha from about 4 new polaris sleds cant say much bad about them not one has ever let me down or stranded but last few years I know a lot of guys have blown motors mainly 800s 'that's why I switched to 4 stroke and well see how that turns out.

It is hit or miss. I had a 2011 Rush Pro R 800 3600 miles no problems. Bought 2012 Pro R800 SB and blew up at 800 ish miles. Bought 2013 Pro R 800 SB on that trip to replace it and it has been fine (we did turn up the oil pump) 1800 miles on it now. My buddy bought Identical 2013 Pro 800 SB leftover last fall and it blew up at 420 miles.

I ride with an 11' SBA 144", Its a nice sled, he has 5k on it for miles, and yes, it needs rebuilt.. But its nice, it's definitely fun for off trail riding and does it very very well. Suspension is nice, freely moving. Not the best on high speed trails, also not very quick..I thought it would be faster..

Back