• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tripple points with C&A xtx

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Has any one run the tripple points on the C&A xtx, or even the xt ski. I have a set of xtx ski's on order and I'm debating on 6" or 8". I had 6" tripple points on my stock skis for last winter and it still pushed. I also don't have a studed track. I am concerned that the extra bite of the xtx ski and 8" tripple points will make the front too planted and have the back end try to drive around it. Also with the hygear suspenion planting the front end.. that could even make it worse.

I think you'll be good with the 6" triples, maybe even the 4" ones will suffice. Remember, it was the stock ski that pushed, not the fault of the carbides, they're for ice.

Yes, the C&A XT skis are very aggressive and require more effort for turning on hardpack.

That ski (XT, don't remember an XTX ski) is the powder mountain ski in the C&A line up.

A lot of people say that ski is too much for normal riding and the weight of the Yamaha compounds the issue with a lot of ski pressure.

Myers Racing said:
Yes, the C&A XT skis are very aggressive and require more effort for turning on hardpack.

That ski (XT, don't remember an XTX ski) is the powder mountain ski in the C&A line up.

A lot of people say that ski is too much for normal riding and the weight of the Yamaha compounds the issue with a lot of ski pressure.

The xtx ski is supposed to be the same as the xt with a 1" keel instead of a 1.5" keel. I'm hoping that makes it bearable as a trail riding ski, while still keeping it agressive enough.

I do about 60% trail and 40% off trail so this ski seemed to fit the bill.

If I were to get a new set of skis, the XTXs would be the one...good choice.

I just bought a 2010 Nytro xtx. I want to put the mountian skis on it for better flotation up front. also concidering trip points or duelies. How about it ?

It seams for a ski that works as great on trail as off trail, the choice for me comes down to the C&A xtx or the curve ski's. I don't know of other ski's that work on and off trail as well.

Most of what I hear off this forum about C&A ski's is in reference to the C&A razors and all I hear is how hard they are to turn. I hope the xtx ski's aren't as bad.

Well I got the ski's in.... Just trying to figure out which way to orient the ski rubbers

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

C&A rubber on left, stock rubber on right
IMG_3094.jpg

Back