• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune reliability

ok, but do you need to run modded exhaust of some type to get that power Increase or is that with a stock muffler?
There is a stock muffler /header tune but I have no experience with it!!! Maybe next season I'll try it out and see what kinda results...
I imagine it is a huge gain vs stock exhaust manifold like the pm header tunes

[QUOTE

You also have the header eh Bob?
I find with the header is doesn't matter what tune i select they all very hit hard!!!lol

No I dont have a header on mine...I am definately thinking about Sandale’s header when they start to sell them.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen any posts lately about the headers he was testing???
it will definitely be a quality build!!
Imo Mike at Sandals puts out THE nicest exhaust systems in the snowmobile world!
Always superior weld quality and fittement from my experiences...

Last edited:
Here is a good example with header and stock exhaust manifold...
With stock exhaust manifold 17lbs make 270
With header 17lbs make 300
So if I add a header to my 270 SS tune it will be closer to 300?

For the performance muffler header tune that what is claimed!! Dave posted dyno sheets here somewhere

Stock muffler they claim 285 with header requires 93 octane..
It would be nice e if someone had feedback on header/sm

Of note, TD only reccomends ecotrail as safe for 87 if higher isn't available. Powertrail and any tune above 91 minimum is reccomended.
I see comments that "I never see my knock light". It should be noted that very low levels of knock can happen without triggering the knock light.
IMO, even light deto is never good for an engine and is not worth saving a few bucks over.

I have the quiet trail muffler from hurricane, can get 91 everywhere , not sure about 93
For the performance muffler header tune that what is claimed!! Dave posted dyno sheets here somewhere

Stock muffler they claim 285 with header requires 93 octane..
It would be nice e if someone had feedback on header/sm

Is the 3 inch SQ quieter than the 2.5 SQ? I was thinking they may be the same noise level?

Don’t know I don’t believe I’ve heard a 2.5” Super Quiet. I’m guessing Mike at TD could answer that one pretty fast though.

Of note, TD only reccomends ecotrail as safe for 87 if higher isn't available. Powertrail and any tune above 91 minimum is reccomended.
I see comments that "I never see my knock light". It should be noted that very low levels of knock can happen without triggering the knock light.
IMO, even light deto is never good for an engine and is not worth saving a few bucks over.
It takes about 2.5 degress of timing retard to trigger the knock ping counter(knock light) from what I can tell viewing data logs. While zero detonation would always be best Im assuming theres no "harm" being done with minor levels as if there was Im guessing the tuners would have chose .5 or 1 or 1.5 degrees of retard to activate the knock light rather than 2.5

I pretty sure this is the header pm sheet.

Screenshot_20210310-044207_Gallery.jpg

It only has 190 horses at 5500.....:)
what is going on below 5500 rpm's ?
I thought the SS tune works lower ?
How does it get to almost 17 lbs . boost so fast ?
I want to jump knolls like my Apex XTX with the Star suspension upgrade did !
Transfer and some grunt !

Want to give an update. Talked with Dave from hurricane and since I live on a lake he talked me into 270 ss pm tune. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet but looks like I’ll be getting that one.He said for the extra 150 or so from the 240 it would be the better bang for the buck. Thanks for all the info. I’ll probably order through thunder since Tim and Terry did my clutching and they’ll have to give me the new setup. Dave was fine with that.

what is going on below 5500 rpm's ?
I thought the SS tune works lower ?
How does it get to almost 17 lbs . boost so fast ?
I want to jump knolls like my Apex XTX with the Star suspension upgrade did !
Transfer and some grunt !
This is not the ss dyno!!
Dave hasn't released the dyno sheet for ss from what I know!

Back