• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turned 6500 scary miles on the sled today.

Mr. Freeze

Veteran
Well, I am VERY happy I purchased this sled and would buy it again, however, something happened today. At some point it started darting horribly from side to side, as I have heard people complain of. Never happened to me before today. So when I got home I looked over the front end. What I could visually see, that I know wasn't like this a few weeks ago, is that the front shocks are way off center now between arms. I know there are a ton of theories on this in the forum. Do we know 100% for sure what's causing this? In addition to that, the toe out, is now in. Where the top of the shock mounts, it appears to be bent, this could be an illusion due to the shock being at a angle. All steering joints are original, but appear to be tight. I have not lifted the front end to check arm bushings yet. I'm not pissed or bitchin, just need to know what has been happening with the shock off center syndrome. Anyone?

good chance its the bushings,i really like my nytro as well,but after having the dealer look at my sled cause one shock sits further back with nothing bent at all..its been tripple checked and its frustrating..with nothing said from yamaha.and 10 changes on the 09 front end.i say talk with your wallet...which i will doo for 09

Front end

Do we have an answer? Mine and quite a few others I have met have the same problem, at 160 miles mine was out of whack and hadn't hit anything. I like my sled but really not happy with the support from my dealer or Yamaha, Actually was treated so poorily by Yamaha Canada will probably never buy another Yamaha.

I plan on keeping my Nytro and know I need to change the track but would really like to understand what is going on with this front end. I have assumed the front sub frame is bent as we have checked everything else. I was told this was fixed for 2009, is this subframe available now?

Any suggestions on a different track, was going to get one of a M8.

My dealer said that there will be a fix for the nytro subframes for 08 nytros. He was not sure when they would be available.

Back