• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer STM weight tuning

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
I have a Ulmer primary clutch kit with STM 60YS arms and pink spring on my 18 SW LTX LE. In stock configuration, Ulmer has most of the weight on the tip. I just flashed a TD Stock muffler bundle. Ulmer's instruction has me adding a little more weight to the tip (2 washers). However, I've read that for trail riding, most of your weight is generally on the heel. Does anyone have experience with Ulmers kit with a tune?

Thanks for the input.

Exactly...use Allens sheet.

I have a near brand new set(only 100 miles) of STM 60YS weight(kit) comes with everything.

Shoot me a PM if interested.
Dan

Thanks for your responses. I have it set to Allen's chart as a starting point. Hopefully test it next week. Really looking forward to these tunes.

Was able to put on a few miles last week. On a long straightaway with the Max16 tune, I was between 9100 and 9200. Should I add a little weight to bring this down to 8900-9000? How much and where on the STM?

Forgot to mention, I already have one tungsten and 4 washers on the tip. So, I am maxed out on the tip unless I jump to 2 tungsten(which Im guessing is too much).

Tungsten & Tungsten will bring you down to 8700, or should be very close to that.

Exactly. Isn't that too low? So where do I find the happy medium? Washers in mid or heel?

Exactly. Isn't that too low? So where do I find the happy medium? Washers in mid or heel?
What helix you running? In fact what is your complete set up,front to back,and gearing. Is your muffler stock or modstock.

I have a Ulmer primary clutch kit with STM 60YS arms and pink spring on my 18 SW LTX LE. In stock configuration, Ulmer has most of the weight on the tip. I just flashed a TD Stock muffler bundle. Ulmer's instruction has me adding a little more weight to the tip (2 washers). However, I've read that for trail riding, most of your weight is generally on the heel. Does anyone have experience with Ulmers kit with a tune?

60YS weights are different animal than the 60Y weights. Running two tungsten in the tip of 60Y weights probably wouldn’t work out good for you. lol

Back