• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ultimax vs G FORCE BELT

Even if quality got worse they're still far superior than the carlisle ultimax's which were maybe good for a radar run and garbage.

I find it a bit surprising. But looking at that sheet..

All of the below graphics basically are saying that there is a minimum curve radius around which the belt is designed to operate. It isn't about normal vs backward bends, its about minimum bend radius. The 2nd (do not crimp) and 3rd graphic images (minimum distance) are both describing minimum radius issues, but in the normal bending direction, not backwards bends (1st graphic). These belts are designed around minimum stretch fibers (carbon/kelvar/whatever) which when subjected to less than (tighter than) normal curvature is either stressing the fibers themselves or the interface between the fibers and the rest of the belt material resulting in an overall weakening of the belt.

View attachment 174242
That sure doesn’t leave a lot of option and for sure eliminates the storage option that Polaris provides under the hood

All makes sense. Wonder how may belt failures can be traced back to improper storage. Pretty sure every spare belt I’ve ever carried and put into service has been stored improperly

Timken bought Carlisle (original maker of XS belt) in 2015. Wonder if Timken's bean counters put pressure on to reduce cost?
... AND increase price (considerably). :confused:

Just had 2 Redline belts delivered I ordered from Amazon last week, they are out of stock now but they were only $64 a few days ago. Thought it was maybe a misprint, so pick up two of them to try being that cheap. The XS belts have gone ridiculously high priced the last year or so.

Gives me a total of 3 new Redlines, 3 new XS's, 2 new 8DN's, and 3 new 8JPs. LOL!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have 2 new Redlines in parts spares and 3 8DNs...if the Redlines let me down I will go back to my 8DN setup. Last year the Redline belt performed flawlessly for me all season like the 8DNs always have as well but the Redline gave me a couple more mph on the big end with my trail setup.

Lol....I think the TY group overloaded Amazon /Gates. I should have ordered 4. Now I can't get them at $65. Oh well.
Screenshot_20231128-181452_copy_360x359.png

Watch how the Gates RedLines increase in price now....we should have kept it to ourselves.
Yeah, too bad I posted it on FB. Probably didn't help. Bastards!!! Lol.
If they stay under $100. It's still a great value.

Back