• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ultimax vs G FORCE BELT

Got my new belt. Can they be bent up to fit inside your factory tunnel bag?
I know the XS825 cannot.
IMG_20231124_125627746_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Never heard you couldn't bend a belt to fit into a tunnel bag. What's the reasoning behind that?

Same thing I've heard. Can damage internal cords and thereby weaken belt. Also, do not wash belts in dishwasher, or lay them out in sun to "bake", or wipe with acetone. These were "old wives tales" that guys used to do.

Never heard you couldn't bend a belt to fit into a tunnel bag. What's the reasoning behind that?

Some brand of belts will actually break when bending them backwards. Had it happen a few years back with the Dayco XTX belts on my old 1200, you could take a brand new belt, flex it backwards and it would break the cogs right out of them. They were good belts early on and lasted great, and then something happened with a compound change and they would chunk out the cogs right away. Early ones were fine and the latest batch would break right away, haven't bought a Dayco XTX belt since that debacle. They'd crack at the cogs and chunk out.

You can tell that the stiff belts that don't want to be bent backwards. If I'm not mistaken Timken Ultimate XS and the Redline caution you not to bend backwards. The 8JP could care less about being bent backwards, but myself I'd still never do it knowing what I know now.

The new mid size tunnel bags should be big enough to put a belt in without bending backwards anyway. The early Procross, not so much.

Some pics of the cracked out cogs on the old ski-doo XTX belts with just a few hundred miles on them.

1701102427987.png

1701102677167.png

Last edited:
Ok guys, when you're done laughing...
I fold up an 8jp in tunnel bag, then I have a very small backpack. It fits a belt nicely & any small tools and parts you can possibly think of, including small bottles of boostane. Great for clutch tuning on the fly.
IMG_20231127_104656508_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Maybe it's Monday thing, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how you guys carry a spare without bending it? Unless you have a big azz tunnel bag.

The medium bag will hold a belt nicely.
That's what I have but the belt doesn't fit straight lengthwise. I'm really not that concerned, it's just funny I learned something new today about the belt I've been using and storing for years....lol

Back