• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

upper gear bushing

twyztid, which bushing are you using?

I still have the stock one in my 15 Viper turbo with no issues. About 3400 miles now. I'll be replacing it with a ToughMet3 bushing before next season. It is a bronze alloy bushing with 15% nickel content.

I still have the stock one in my 15 Viper turbo with no issues. About 3400 miles now. I'll be replacing it with a ToughMet3 bushing before next season. It is a bronze alloy bushing with 15% nickel content.
Ok, I though I recently seen one in a pic u posted a while back. Is there a part number for that one?

74Nitro...
I have 10-11 SAE660 bronze bushings but I have not installed any of those. Others have uses that type.

The ToughMet3 bushing is a TMCB161808. It will need to be sanded/honed out to fit on the shaft once it is pressed into the bushing.

I had contacted the manufacturer to see if I could get some made that would be the right I.D. after pressing into the gear (and the right length) but they are asking me what the exact specs need to be and I do not know that yet. We may be talking only .003"-.006" larger ID that what they normally manufacture.

I finally took my upper gear off after 3000 miles with the bronze bushing from
Bronzebushings.com and am happy to report almost no wear at all!!!! I would not hesitate to put it right back in. That being said, I did order the DMC bushing and will be running that next. I will keep the gear as a spare.

I finally took my upper gear off after 3000 miles with the bronze bushing from
Bronzebushings.com and am happy to report almost no wear at all!!!! I would not hesitate to put it right back in. That being said, I did order the DMC bushing and will be running that next. I will keep the gear as a spare.

Which one did you buy? The CB1618-08 SAE660 Cast Bronze bushing? Did you have to hone out the ID for it to fit on the jackshaft after being pressed into the gear?

ordered from bronzebushings.com
AA-1110-1 | Oil Impregnated Bronze Sleeve | 1 ID x 1-1/8 OD x 1 OAL
101493 $3.39
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$3.39

I did NOT have to hone it out to fit.

2011 APEX 32000KM , NO CHAIN CASE ISSUES
2017 SIDEWINDER , UNTIL , 8900 KM NO ISSUES
2018 SIDEWINDWER UNTIL , 6500 KM NO ISSUES
2019 SIDEWINDER UNTIL , 5500 KN NO ISSUES
2020 SIDEWINDER UNTIL , 3400 KM NO ISSUES , WTF , BROKE 2 ND RIDE

Which side of the gear are you guys leaving the extra width hang out? The flat side or the side with the reverse gear teeth on it?

Back