• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Owner Looking to Upgrade

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
So currently I am on my second Vector, 2009 currently with about 8700 miles on it. Runs great. I had a 2006 before that got rid of that with about 8k miles on it also. I recently have been looking to upgrade to a viper LTX, and I came across a used 2014 Viper LTX (black), with 5k miles on it, studded and wheel kit on skiis, for 6,000. It makes me a little nervous buying a used sled with that mileage on it, but it is also many years newer. Does that seem like a good deal? Anything I should look for on this sled if I go look at it?

I can't speak to the price, but I definitely would not worry about 5,000 miles on the Viper; I bought a 2014 with 5K on it last year, and it now has over 8K and runs as good, or better than my 2016 with 2,500 miles on it.

To bad you are so far away, see some on sled trader here in Wisconsin under $8000.00 new, Or very slightly used.

mine has over 7000 miles and it runs better then it did day 1

I have a 12 Vector with over 10k miles on it and a 15 Viper with 5600mi on it. Just my opinion but the Viper does not seem to be as reliable as the Vector as the miles increase. The motor, yes. Everything else does not seem to last as long.

My riding buddy has a 2011 Vector with 7-8,000 miles on it and has had no issues, but I bought a used 2014 Viper with 5,000 miles on it, and it now has over 8,000, all with no issues. I loved my Vector, until I got on a Viper, and now there is no way I could go back to the Vector.

Yah im not sure whats not lasting for you but over 7000 miles...1 bell crank bushing, 1 pair of sliders and 2 sets of carbides..cracked suspension arm easy fix (likely my fault) thats it...nothing has really wore out more then any other sled i ride with...infact mines been the most reliable

I would say over 7000 miles it is holding up and looking just fine

y2w9usm.jpg

Back