• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Vs Viper

2datrl

Extreme
I'm looking for input from people who have made the switch to a Viper. My 2012 Vector has been trouble free period. I went with the Vespel slides and dual carbides, changed the headlights 4 years ago, and that's it. Trouble free, love the red paint, nice ride, fast.
But the prices on the Vipers do make me think about a trade.
So for anyone that has made the trade or at least spent some seat time on a Viper and a Vector, I would like to hear from you. Power, weight, handling, etc.
BTW, does anyone know if a 129 inch Viper will fit in a 10 foot enclosed Triton trailer?
Thanks 2datrl

I don't have seat time on a Vector, I rode a a Viper for a couple seasons and it's a great sled. Handles great very comfortable and trouble free. Also a 129" fits no problem in a 10ft clam shell trailer.

I've spent considerable time on the Vector, Nytro and Viper. I'd put the Viper on top of that list although I don't dislike any of them and they all have their strong points. I prefer the lighter Viper and Nytro chassis over the Vector's Delta box due to the easier transition from sitting to standing. You can ride either of the these sleds comfortably in both positions which makes them more versatile than the delta box chassis. Out of the three I'd put the Vector on top as far as reliability and overall cost of maintenance. The bottom line is if you like to ride more aggressively the Nytro and Viper will out perform a Vector but if you just sit and cruise on flat groomed trails the Delta box chassis will handle that sufficiently and reliably.

I have 2 Vectors and a viper. Love each the all. The vectors are great trap cruisers the Viper is a sports car much more precise handling.

Different feel completely. similar performance with nod to Viper

I've had both the EPS vector and Viper. As mentioned both have their perks. I love the viper chassis and seating position. Missed the EPS when I went to Viper, but my viper was an xtx and heavier steering. Shorter tracks supposedly did have lighter steering. The Vector overall is a smoother more refined sled compared to a Viper. Viper just had a "raw" feel and finish to it. While owning my viper I will say that I never quite had the confidence to just take it with on a trip as my only sled. I always took a nytro or vector with just in case. I just never had the peace of mind. To be fair to Viper mine was a 14, and it had the hot start issues. Newer vipers are supposed to be better.

If it were me, I'd go with a sidewinder. I'm not a big power guy so that isn't what appeals to me. What appeals to me on the sidewinder is Yamaha ECU and electronics. I think the Cat electronics on the viper are responsible for my lack of confidence. Sure the viper has a Yamaha motor in it, but it wasn't the total package! If you jumped from a stock nytro to a stock viper you would never have guessed it was the same motor.

The wife and I got to demo a Viper for a day 2 season ago. I can tell you that we are both still riding Apex's. We didn't care for the Viper at all. I could go on but I don't want to get into a bashing game. Please do yourself a favor and ride one before you give up your vector.

The wife and I got to demo a Viper for a day 2 season ago. I can tell you that we are both still riding Apex's. We didn't care for the Viper at all. I could go on but I don't want to get into a bashing game. Please do yourself a favor and ride one before you give up your vector.

Careful bashing the Viper, its faux pa! Bashing the Apex however not so much! I rode a Cat 7000 (Viper) and was not all that impressed compared to the Delta Box. Its steering was harder and it needed way more leaning forward to turn. I felt like I was on a four wheeler and the whole sled was top heavy. I'm with team blue ride one and then make up your mind. You could like it or not depending in what you want from the sled.

Careful bashing the Viper, its faux pa! Bashing the Apex however not so much! I rode a Cat 7000 (Viper) and was not all that impressed compared to the Delta Box. Its steering was harder and it needed way more leaning forward to turn. I felt like I was on a four wheeler and the whole sled was top heavy. I'm with team blue ride one and then make up your mind. You could like it or not depending in what you want from the sled.
Bashing a Yamaha on a Yamaha site is not the best idea.:p
Us delta box boys will always prefer an Apex or Vector, those that have had a Nytro will probably prefer a Viper or the Sidewinder.
Did that suspension on that Cat moan when you saddled up??:rofl:

Bashing a Yamaha on a Yamaha site is not the best idea.:p
Us delta box boys will always prefer an Apex or Vector, those that have had a Nytro will probably prefer a Viper or the Sidewinder.
Did that suspension on that Cat moan when you saddled up??:rofl:
It was more like a meow. But the suspension was able to handle the bulk better then I thought. :mod:

BTW, does anyone know if a 129 inch Viper will fit in a 10 foot enclosed Triton trailer?
Thanks 2datrl

If you have the factory Triton with the bump out front, you will have no issues. We have an Apex XTX and Viper LTX in our Triton Elite 10ft. We have the skis all the way up in the bump out. The Viper LTX is actually longer than then Apex XTX. We have the slightest snow flap rub. So again, the 129" will not be an issue for you.

Good luck!

My trailer has the bump out and my ltx viper windshield touches. Any thing taller than the factory windy would be a problem. I wonder if dropping all the air out of the floats would help.

Back