• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vibration

maniac

Pro
Anyone ever had a vibration under 50 km and as soon as I go over 50 it's gone. I've changed the belt and no luck anyone got any ideas

Checked all of the drive bearings?

I know in two or more inches of snow I would get a low frequency vibration, I eventually figured it was the track, and snow hitting the front exchanger. Always checked/changed the bearings on the jack/drive shafts.

I've replaced drive shaft bearings could it be in the primary clutch it seems as soon as it shifts the vibration goes away

maniac said:
How can I check driveshaft bearings

remove the belt, secondary clutch, speedo sensor and outer bearing clamp, then take a pick and carefully remove the rubber bearing seal. If the bearing looks like there is little grease left in it, pump some in from a grease gun and replace the seal.
Check the jackshaft bearing while you have it apart also.

I have seen dry bearings in <1000 miles.

maniac said:
Anyone ever had a vibration under 50 km and as soon as I go over 50 it's gone. I've changed the belt and no luck anyone got any ideas

Have you changed the track? I ask because I changed out the track on my 2008 with a 1-1/4" ripsaw from a A/C F6 Crossfire. The Cat's had ribbs on the outside of the track for the idler wheels to ride on and save slider wear. This system was known ironically as the "quiet drive". They called it the quiet drive because the vibration and noise was covered by the Artic Cat's 2-stroke engine rev. The problem was when I put this track on the Nytro, I could hear and feel the vibration given off by these track ribbs.

Back