• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vin # question

Well did not have a warm and fuzzy about it...

So I did what any reasonable guy would do. (Wife agreed to it too nice!)

Ended up purchasing New...

Hello 2016 XTX LE!!!

Let it snow, let it snow!!!!!!

awesome sled. Have one myself. Make sure you remove the left side idler wheel or you will break off your evol canister on the rear skid shock until Yamaha comes out with a fix.

Oh yeah?

Thanks a million for the heads up!

Lucky me then that there is no snow...

Cause i would have broken it, i had no idea..!!!

I just removed both of those rear bogey wheels. It's a quick, two-minute process.

Has anyone heard about any proper remediation for this issue besides removing the wheels from Yamaha/Arctic Cat?

Has anyone heard about any proper remediation for this issue besides removing the wheels from Yamaha/Arctic Cat?

Nothing that I've heard of so far. When I brought the sled to my dealer for a track alignment, they noticed the wheels were gone and asked if I'd put on the DuPonts. Apparently in northern Maine, it's a thing to take those out all together as the DuPonts are excellent at not wearing regardless.

That would be a nice starting gesture from Yamaha. Dupont slides for all these guys. Hoping they give you all new shocks with the rezzy like Hygear. They did it for the old Vipers. You never know.

Dupont slides and Carrillo rods for everyone!!!!

yes hygear has a new cap for the top of the shock that rotates it 45 deg getting it away from the idler wheel. it is about $86 for the cap and labor for it to be switched

That's a lot less expensive than DuPonts...but those are a must have regardless if you have an EVOL chamber or not.

Last edited:

Back