• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Oil light flashing

Guys, The sleds are on their way. Be patient.....

I have had problems with starting in the past with my sleds....but it was something I did wrong myslef. Remember that these fuel injected sleds have sensors that monitor for a few seconds after start up to send signals to the computer.

Never had a problem starting on my two phazers, Nytro or Apex. I also cycle the pump before I start it.

NOS-PRO said:

I have had problems with starting in the past with my sleds....but it was something I did wrong myslef. Remember that these fuel injected sleds have sensors that monitor for a few seconds after start up to send signals to the computer.

Patience ran out 3 weeks ago :o|

2BLUE4U said:
NOS-PRO said:

Patience ran out 3 weeks ago :o|

Sorry to hear that 2BLUE4U, I am still waiting also....but know that the wait will be worth it.

Didn't mean to go off topic here.....hopefully someone can shed some light on what to do to help in case of starting issues or like the topic started where the oil pumps loses prime after being turned over.

My dealer response/Yamaha head office:

They have not had any reports of any issues as of yet, although it is most likely that because you were on a slope the oil sensor was unable to get an accurate reading and went into safe mode. Then once the sled was on a flat surface again, the sensor picked up proper readings and allowed you to restart and got out of safe mode.

I have forwarded your serial number onto head office, and they have logged it in their system in case something comes of it.

Once everyone actually gets out and riding, we may get more information from them, but as of right now they don’t have a single recorded case at head office.

Back