• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well its been a good ride.....

mcfly

and Ill still hang around but my 09 XTX is gonna be a backup sled in 2015. I have 6500 miles on it and the only issues it ever gave me was the rear suspension. I will be giving Doo a try for 2015 and going with an 800 XRS. With a 4 year warranty, its hard not to give it a try. Just looking for something a little lighter and more nimble for the trails.

I want to thank all members who helped me troubleshoot and answer questions that have probable been asked a bajillion times. This site is probably the best tech site out of the Big 4. Alot of good info here. Hell, it took me about 1/2 hr worth of riding to dial my suspension in. Awesome group of guys. I am keeping the Nytro because of the reliability factor. If the Doo goes down, I know my trusty Nytro will haul me around for the rest of the trip!

Nice choice ;)! My buddy loves his, and is able to just whip that thing around. If it was me I might of went 1200 with the x package, but that 800 is a beast. Good luck with her

good idea keeping the 4 stroke as a backup. if you put a good amount of miles on in a year, the 800 will be in the shop at some point long before the warranty runs out.. good luck with it, and hope its good to you!

chassis braces on the doo 800 if you ride hard and balance primary clutch as this is usually why the cranks get torn out of them.

just saying.....have a bunch of buddies with them, and they are nice and light...... easy to tow back with my nytro......(sorry had to)

cheers and congratulations on new sled

Thanks guys. I know the deal with the Isolfelx and all that good stuff. I got the XRS because of the extra support that the chassis provides. Going to the dealer tomorrow and getting her done..
shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-1680x1050.jpg

The truth is there is a sea of yellow on the snow. With more sleds on snow there is more brekdowns. Sure I have seen Doo"s broken down and had them breadown, but always hear the bad things just like watching the news. Again there are so many more of them than Yamahas riding around and the odds of seeing or hearing of one broken down is greater. . Yes, Yamahas are reliable, but you really can't go wrong with a 4 year warranty.

RX1MPete said:
The truth is there is a sea of yellow on the snow. With more sleds on snow there is more brekdowns. Sure I have seen Doo"s broken down and had them breadown, but always hear the bad things just like watching the news. Again there are so many more of them than Yamahas riding around and the odds of seeing or hearing of one broken down is greater. . Yes, Yamahas are reliable, but you really can't go wrong with a 4 year warranty.

Can you ride a 4 year warranty while the sled is in the shop?

I'd be impressed with a machine that has a great record of reliability to go with the warranty.

A turd with a warranty is still a turd. Just saying.

Don't blame you one bit for jumping ship, I ride with a xrs guy he has clocked 5200 trouble free miles, never blew a belt and never left him stranded. The weight, handling and top end power of that machine is nicely balanced. Ive been on Yamaha 4 strokes for 7yrs and considering a change myself, lets face it what has Yamaha done to make a game changing move in the sled industry? Team up with cat? Not sure that was the answer, no doubt the cat has a better suspension right out of the box but not sure of the overall quality. The 1050 3cyl is a very stable, very reliable engine package been around for 8yrs that imo just falls short of the lighter weight big top end you get with the 2 strokes.

mcfly.... I love my nytro and have it exactly how I want it now, and will probably be looking for a left over xtx next year and swap all the aftermarket stuff onto it. that said if I were to buy a new brand new different one I would have a new renegade xrs in the garage for sure.....congrats on your new purchase

Thanks guys. Just thought it was time for a change. I did contemplate the Viper but just thought it was time to head back to a 2 stroke seeing Yamaha didn't and hasn't come out with anything that has quite caught my interest.

And I dont know if I would consider any sled out there right now a turd. They all have their positives and negatives and they are almost all so damn close, it comes down to a personal perference.

you will love the ski doo, i had a 08 nytro, put 5000 miles on it, sold it got a tnt etech 600, rode that for a year this year i got a 600 indy, just sold that, and ill be buying a leftover nytro in the summer , i loved the etech, it was waaaaay better than that polaris the ectech engine is awesome it runs real good almost as good as a nytro as much as i like the ski doo it just wasnt a yamaha i cant explain it but im a yamaha guy and im done screwing around with other sleds, and i aint buying no yamacat

I would give a yamacat a try first before you say you won't buy one , it's not a bad sled really, not saying the nytro is a bad sled because it isn't but for what I do the viper works great
Anyways good choice on the skidoo 800 xrs they are great sleds you shouldn't have any problems with it !

Back