• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What am i doin with top gear

apexgt4life

Expert
2914 viper. Tearing down to do track. Have read numerous threads but cant really find a straight answer on what to do with top gear bushing. Gear appears to be over 100 dollars?
What are options.
Is there a spec for wear
6000 miles

Sad they haven't fixed the top gear bushing in 892 years...

I just did mine on my ‘15 after this season. It had just over 5k miles on it and was significantly looser than the replacement Super Bushing I pressed into it as a replacement. I purchased the replacement from Ebay. You will need a press to install this. I tried a pretty good size bench vise and it wasn’t happening.

6000 miles is pretty good for the stock bushing.
There are a few different low-cost options to replace the bushing.
A search on this site will turn up 2 hours' worth of reading.

The bushing lasts much longer on the viper given it's about half the power of what most Winders are running.
I agree with others to just change it out with a better available option.

I just did mine on my ‘15 after this season. It had just over 5k miles on it and was significantly looser than the replacement Super Bushing I pressed into it as a replacement. I purchased the replacement from Ebay. You will need a press to install this. I tried a pretty good size bench vise and it wasn’t happening.
Is this the one i see on ebay fo like 30 bucks

McMaster #60695k7

Found this in my reading from another post. Says same makeup as stock but has to be trimmed.
It will need honed to fit shaft also. We did not trim length at all on ours, just press flush to outside of gear like stock one was
Both bushings are same size, I believe!

On a positive note we must still be snowmobiling.
If we ride a conservative 1000 miles per year, and the bushing lasts about 4000 miles, we will have bought and replaced 223 bushings!

Back