• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prevost gear bushing install

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I bought the Prevost bushing for my top gear to try out and wanted to ask what should be straight forward but ........ anyway what is the orientation for the washer with the relief machined into it? Does it go on the shaft behind the gear and fit over the snap ring? The bushing was easy to install but without the sled in front of me just yet,still in storage, I'd like to have that little nugget of info before I tear into the seasonal maintenance in a couple weeks.

When you open chain case, remove snap ring, washer, top gear.

Behind top gear you will see another washer and snap ring. Remove these and throw away. Now you are ready for re-assembly.

Put Prevost step washer first, with step towards motor. Put top gear with Prevost bushing. Put washer, snap ring and done.

That was my initial theory as to the install procedure but thanks for the confirmation.Much appreciated.

Back