• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

moved the sleds in the shop so i can have a garage sale.

Sat on my sled today a few times as I worked in the garage. Makes a comfy couch. Kept looking outside through the open door at all the gravel and grass. Last week the snow was knee deep. Now what is left is maybe 6 inches in spots. Winnipeg set a new high temp today at +14C (beat the one set in 1927 of +12. My thermometer said +16 today! 17, 17, 13, 19, 15,14 next 6 days.

Winter is over! Pardon me while I go slit my wrists!

Took an hour at lunch to blast around the marsh. Snow is still waist deep and soft, air temp was -4 C.

Got back to find that my licence plate stayed at the marsh. Got a new plate from DMV for 5 bucks :p

attemped to add 2 in riser, failed, need longer bolts and no one had any. put it back together. started it, loaded in my truck. leaving for Maine after work in the morning! Last ride of season! :Rockon:

Yep just changing slides..... trying to find sitter.... we have another storm that hit us... the rest of the crew is away... they already have about 300 miles on in just over a day. grrrrrr....

what i did

Well once again I start with something small and it blows up on me!

Went to relocate the tail lite the other day and next thing I know I am replacing my Barker can with a full Excell system and Skins lite weight seat.

The next problem is trying to figure out how to explain the 128 cobra track thats showing up in the mail next week to the wife. I know... better to ask forgiveness than permission!

Did anybody else spend more money on their sled this year because they DIDN'T ride verses putting on a normal mileage year?

Kope

Put the Phazer II in the back of the garage, pulled out the other Rancher 420. move my Phazer MTX into its summer "Mod Spot" and plan on pulling the skid soon for service and ordering up a set of WRP mountain boards.

Swapped out the primary weights on my black beauty for riding in the highlands. Made a couple of tweaks on my PCV. Headed out to play in Big Sky, Montana with MTDream in two weeks.

DSC00637.jpg

:-o

ALASKANCOLT45 said:
Just finished installing skinz air frame running boards on my nytro mtx. Got about 2.5 feet in Fairbanks and 5 times more in the mountains. Just waiting for it to warm up it's about -15 here. Still got arctic man in April. Will probably Still be ridding till mid April to the beginning of may. Sorry lower 48s.
Okay, what's Arctic Man? Youi're the second guy to mention it.

As for me, the VL is sitting on the trailer all week after my west coast trip last week and will be busy next week hauling out my annual firewood. Hope to get a few more weeks riding yet, although we don't have much snow - so it could go fast. Usually get a few trips to the west coast of NL in April (last trip last year was the 23rd).

Arcticman-6th largest city in Alaska for a week-Skier starts at the top of the TITS and skis down to bottom of gorge-snowmachiner comes alongside and hands him a ski rope-pulls him to top of another mountain where skier launches to ski to bottom of second mountain. Very large end of the year party-held on construction pad for OIL PIPELINE. Large BEER tent-parties everywhere. If you catch ALASKA STATE TROOPERS on Discovery, they show it.

Last year was my first year-snow was over 8 feet behind the TITS. People stay in everything from tents to large CLASS A motorhomes.

Went for a ride together with the old man. Me on the MTX, him on the RTX. Mixture of trail riding and boondocking. Sunshine, +8 deg C, wet and heavy conditions.

Tomorrow we will get cold weather and fresh snow...!

Attachments

• Alatalo_120316_1.JPG
    Alatalo_120316_1.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 199
Alatalo said:
Went for a ride together with the old man. Me on the MTX, him on the RTX. Mixture of trail riding and boondocking. Sunshine, +8 deg C, wet and heavy conditions.

Tomorrow we will get cold weather and fresh snow...!

One of your sleds has the wrong shocks on it....

:moon:

Back