• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do the clicker adjustments do??

Bamboo

Lifetime Member
I've gone through the owners manual, and part of the service manual. I know how to adjust the clickers. But I'm not 100% sure on what the adjustment do??? I have a XTX. What do the setting do, not sure what each setting does or how they react in real work conditions.
Thanks

AL.

On the front shocks there is a compression adjustment on the top of the shock. Turning it clockwise increase compression dampening(more resistance to bottoming) counter clockwise reduces compression to soften the ride. The bottom adjustment is for rebound. Clockwise increases rebound dampning. For example if you find the front of your sled bouncing around alot on the bumps, pogo stick effect you would increse rebound dampning. If you find the shocksdont extend fast enough you would reduce rebound dampning(counter clockwise) The rear shock on the skid only has compression dampning. Hope this helps. Remember one adjustment at a time and preferebly on the same section of trail so you can see what change has what effect. Small changes sometimes make huge effects.

justinator said:
On the front shocks there is a compression adjustment on the top of the shock. Turning it clockwise increase compression dampening(more resistance to bottoming) counter clockwise reduces compression to soften the ride. The bottom adjustment is for rebound. Clockwise increases rebound dampning. For example if you find the front of your sled bouncing around alot on the bumps, pogo stick effect you would increse rebound dampning. If you find the shocksdont extend fast enough you would reduce rebound dampning(counter clockwise) The rear shock on the skid only has compression dampning. Hope this helps. Remember one adjustment at a time and preferebly on the same section of trail so you can see what change has what effect. Small changes sometimes make huge effects.

Thanks thats what I was looking for. The actual affect of the clickers. Also any one out there thats got some seat time, I'd love to hear your preferred settings.

TY ROCKS!!!!!!

AL.

Theres so much personal preference in setups, that it's nearly impossile to completey copy somebody elses settings and think youre gonna be tickled with it.
I try to take an approach of looking at how it rides, and how I need it to ride, and what to adjust first.
Typically, I start with rear sping adjustment for my weight, then the compression adjustment I like for my riding style, rebound for the same, and then do the same on the front. It's not simple enought to just jdo it in that order, but that will give you a good start. When you start messing with limiter straps and transfer adjustments, those can affect both front and rear suspensions simultaineously. Once you get the hang of playing with it, it's really not too hard to figure out. Don't be intimidated, thats how ya learn!

Back