• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What kind of skis for my nytro xtx?

Im running C&A XTX's this year, havnt used them yet. Not cheap though, 700$ by the time you buy all necessary hardware, etc... (royal distributing)

Im running C&A XTX's this year, havnt used them yet. Not cheap though, 700$ by the time you buy all necessary hardware, etc... (royal distributing)
I decided to just stick with my stock skis, for the simple reason of how damn expensive these stupid skis are.

Ive been happy with my stock skis. I just changed since ive been doing more off trail riding lately, and I wanted the extra flotation. I just purchased a mountain tech full aluminum skid plate, best money ive ever spend on the sled I think! Not for flotation, just for protection. Spend your ski money on one of those if you've got money to spend!!

Cheers

I decided to just stick with my stock skis, for the simple reason of how damn expensive these stupid skis are.

You might question that decision when you get in deep snow...the stock pencils and the heavy front end dive real bad...I've spent more on my xtx then any other sled so I understand the $$ delema...skis were the first thing I bought...I'm getting too old to dig (and I dug a lot that first year!)

Last edited:
Have a set of MTX skis with carbides, floats in powder and handles on trail. Can usually find a set on kijiji for 200, might just need the mounting hardware.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

what skis are you running? if you are using stock non-tuners check these out from the Yamaha accessory catalogue SMA-8EXSK-75-BK they aren't pretty or light but, THEY DO WORK, they are cheap, they don't need any additional hardware and removable. I run them on the wife's vector all they time and switch them out from time to time on the father in-laws vector (have them mounted on a spare set of skis for a quick swap)

cheers

I use Simmons Gen 1 and like them a lot . I have had a set on my last 3 sleds .

Back