• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What/who is the nytro made for??

Comatoast

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I rode a 2011 rtx and xtx today and reallllllyyyy liked it. Except for the trail. That's kind of a problem. Aggressive trail riding this thing is way to tippy and on 1 ski. I ride hard and k ow bow to throw my weight around and this is the only sled it's happened on. And the apex.

So what is this sled made for? Jumps? Ditches, exploring etcetc. O hate to say it but as a trail sled this thing is bad. I'd rather ride my 97 sx700

First when I got my XTX I found the same thing! With some suspension adjustment it handles a lot better now!

As for what type of rider/riding this sled is for...I think it is a great all around sled! I have an 08 Vector LTX GT also and since I got the XTX I have not taken the Vector once, I passed it on to my better half,lol

Time in the seat

I bought a 2010 nytro xtx this year, my first ride was like what you had but I only did about 40 miles. I look at what some of the guys on here did and went out for my second time it was better but still not to my liking still better than the first ride. I made some small adjustments and rode 130 miles saturday and it was spot on for me the balance was where I like it standing or sitting. I ride 130 to 200 miles a day and I find it rides really smooth. So I would say take your time during setup and you will like it. My friend who ride Polaris tried my sled and said he liked the ride and smooth POWER was awsum.

Like the boys say Koma it's a matter of dialing it in. But once done properly you won't be looking for a different ride

I honestly don't think it's a pure trail sled. I think there are a lot of guys on here spending lots of money trying to get their Nytro to do what a Apex does out of the box.

I know if I were a pure trail/lake rider I'd own an Apex. But for those that in addition to riding trails enjoy drift bustin', ditch bangin' and the jumps and bumps then the Nytro is the one to buy.

Just my .02 (If it's even worth that)

I revalved and put hygear twister spring on before I rode it. I also put 6.9 pilot skis on to try tame the nytro traits. After playing with it for couple hundred miles I have it dailed in really close but the taller seat for me sealed the deal. I sit on the apex now (which I loved before the XTX) and say to myself "I cant ride this sled" which is confusing even to me!

On the Lake for racing or in the big POW yes Apex, but ditch bangin or lotsa hoopdie whoos with twisties, it's the Nytro. But don't be fooled when boosted these things are animals and will easily beat a unboosted Apex

I'm on my 3rd season with my XTX and have done a lot to it. It is a GREAT trail sled for when things get bumpy. For super long trail days it's not my favorite (have a Poo IQ600 Switch for that) but for 100-200 mi days with lots of stops its great. I have the Hygear Sport X package on mine and that made the single biggest difference in ridability in the trails. Much flatter cornering (rarely any inside ski lift) and still handles anything bumpwise that the trail can dish out. I typically ride standing up about 70% of the time though, which is probably why I like it so much- haven't found another sled out there with better stand-up ergos- from ANY manufacturer (ridden most all of the new sleds). It's a great sled, but it's not for plug-and-play types. You do have to put a little work into tuning it for your own personal tastes.

When I first got my Nytro and rode it with factory settings I was second guessing my decision to buy it and sell my '07 Attak. Wasn't really impressed with it. It was a handful to drive aggressively in the trails.

After adding Hygear springs, 6.9 Pilot skis, and suspension adjustments, the sled is absolute hoot to ride. Handles/corners great, takes any type of bumps great.

Now with the header and clutch kit. The sled now out shines any of my previous sleds.

Thanks guys. I suppose I was a little quick to jump the gun on saying it was a crap trail sled after only riding it for 40 minutes with no adjustments.

I think " for me" it has plenty of power. I'm gonna go on a limb here but this is just what I think. I honestly think my 2002 sxviper was faster. I may be wrong. But that thing was insane for a 9 yr old 700 which kept up to a 01 mxz800 and actually was quicker mid and top than a 2010 600 etec.

I think the only other thing that concerns me is the soso mpg and tiny tank. The power band is obviously very different from my viper but kind of nice. There is definitely a sweet spot in the throttle where if you punch it, it snaps u back pretty good. I think it's somewhere between 30-40.

The looks have grown on me but still takes some getting used to. This is such a hard decision. ( as it is for alot of us I'm sure ) making a $10,000+ investment on something you can't test freely like a car. So that's why I'm here. ;). I realize I'm in a yamaha forum so the " brand loyalty" might make the arguments a little biased. But I'm just hoping to get good honest help.

So what is yamahas incentive deal? like ski doo has their spring time snow check where they offer a bunch of incentives etc

viper is def a faster sled, i had one and was seeing 112 on the dreamometer. now my rtx i get to 95 on a good day, low end is better on the nytro but the suspension is way better and i do mostly ditch banging and bump riding anyways. couldnt beat the viper for handling tho that sled railed corners so well. Wish i still had it for U P trips.

raginyamaha said:
viper is def a faster sled, i had one and was seeing 112 on the dreamometer. now my rtx i get to 95 on a good day, low end is better on the nytro but the suspension is way better and i do mostly ditch banging and bump riding anyways. couldnt beat the viper for handling tho that sled railed corners so well. Wish i still had it for U P trips.

I miss my viper too. Great looking great handling and fast. The suspension lacked for the big bumps but what a great trail sled. From a dig. Do you think the viper was/is faster to 80 than the nytro? Or is the nytro all midrange?

"if" I go with a nytro. I sure hope they put new skis on and work out the handling issues for the 2012s

i can't speak directly to the viper. However out of the hole i've seen very little that can stay with a nytro out of the hole. after 60 mph bigger sleds will start to pull away. Nytro excells corner to corner.

Viper would be faster. But the Nytro is quicker.

Back