• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's up with the revised 1049cc?

Stator does not draw that much hp! 300 amp alternator on your truck will but not the stator on your sled.

yep! A 300 amp alternator (very rare, at least on 1/2 tons) will put out ~4000 watts, * 60 efficiency, divided by 746, is about 8 horsepower. A typical 1/2 ton has a 100 amp alt, give or take, so figure maybe 2-3 hp.

Not sure what yamaha runs, but I"m guessing it is no more than a 300 watt stator. That is less than 1/2 horse.

Maybe Yamaha is going to have 2 versions of the 1049, one for it's own sleds and the current one that they are committed to supplying to AC. I really can't see them handing over a motor that will out perform its own line of sleds and i do agree that they are just updating it for future boost applications. not sure how many have been added to that motor since the launch of the kit from Yamaha but i'm guessing it's enough for them to update or beef it up so that there are no engine failures over a long term. just my thoughts

My only thoughts on the beef-up, now that yxz 1000r side by side/utv is out, was for the purpose of surviving in ultra hot and abusive conditions that that are dish out in the southwest.

My only thoughts on the beef-up, now that yxz 1000r side by side/utv is out, was for the purpose of surviving in ultra hot and abusive conditions that that are dish out in the southwest.

That was a good thought, but the YXZ is running a new triple and not a previous triple from the Vector/Nytro/Viper line ups.

You would have to think that the new engine will cross over into snow machines soon.... At some point here I am sure that the nytro/viper motor is not going to meet emission standards where this new one must have been designed to be here for another 5-6 years and be a multi purpose engine.....?

You would have to think that the new engine will cross over into snow machines soon.... At some point here I am sure that the nytro/viper motor is not going to meet emission standards where this new one must have been designed to be here for another 5-6 years and be a multi purpose engine.....?

Thats the funny part, they dont do much cross engineering in Yamaha.. it blows my mind why not!

50TH snow anniversary is coming up in 2018....maybe they will blow our mind.... one can still hold his hopes high.

I'm going out on a limb here.... I say the 998cc YXZ 1000R and new/old 1049 sled engines are compatible in the different chassis'. Looking at the casting on the cylinder head of the YXZ, one can see the un-machined bosses for the header flanges that the snowmobile will use.... they are about 90 degrees from the YXZ bosses. A bit premature, but I say Yamaha does not want people dropping the 1049 sled engines into the YXZ. A brand new long block 1049cc can be had $2700....

Back