• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which sled better trail sled?

riverrat

Expert
I love the Nytro in Orange or Black! But the Vector ltx gt appears to be a better trail sled. Bigger tank, smooth 136 Mono skid, better gauge and some storage. I have an Apex Gt now and really want something different in a four stroke. I want to stay with Yamaha but want a lighter sled I think but want it mainly as a trail sled. What are everyones thoughts? Thanks........

I would say for a trail sled, the 2010 vector LTX.

That efi motor that is the same 1049cc's as the nytro looks to totally have woken up the already good vector. The nytro has a small tank, so unless you add a trail tank to it, the vector looks to be a beter option. yeah it is heavier in the DB2 chassis, but the apex has been called one of the best groomed trail sleds ever, so the slightly lighter weight and more power for 2010 should make it really nice.

You already have a nice apex, why not just put a 136" track and extend the rails and be done with it?

horkn said:
I would say for a trail sled, the 2010 vector LTX.

That efi motor that is the same 1049cc's as the nytro looks to totally have woken up the already good vector. The nytro has a small tank, so unless you add a trail tank to it, the vector looks to be a beter option. yeah it is heavier in the DB2 chassis, but the apex has been called one of the best groomed trail sleds ever, so the slightly lighter weight and more power for 2010 should make it really nice.

You already have a nice apex, why not just put a 136" track and extend the rails and be done with it?

Horkn, I know that they make the extention kits to stretch the Apex, but is the ride quality the asame as a LTX? I too would like to have a 136 but was thinking to get the best results if would be best to get a ltx skid and mount that in my Apex shorty. Any thoughts?

I am not an expert on what shock suspension package each particular model has, but seeing that the GT is not an RTX, I would think the added track and rails would make it ride liek an ltx, but maybe even more capability. Like somewhere between an rtx and LTX.

I have ridden an LTX, and a GT, and from what I see is the GT has the nicer but still able to be plush shock package.
Doesn't the GT have the piggyback GYTR shocks up front, and the ohlins electronically adjustable rear shock? If so, that would be a killer setup on a 136" track extended GT.

I am sure someone else will chime in with the exact differences, but I think I am close.

riverrat said:
I might just do that, make it a 136"..Thanks for the reply........

That seems like the most reasonable thing to do. Long tracking an apex would be what I bet a lot of folks that run apexes will do this year. I would find it hard to sell a perfectly good sled for basically the same sled with less power. All you would be doing is getting less power, and a longer track. Why not just throw a longer track on your apex and call it a day? You would save a lot of $$.

I agree, I would just long track the apex. tracksusa.com has cheap kits, and their rail extensions are top knotch, really good stuff. We just stretched my brothers 06 nytro to a 136 with a cobra track and it made a huge difference, so much more fun to drive now.
Plus you can get the track and extensions for like 700 bucks.
(since we had it all apart, we decided to just put extrovert drivers on, run the track a little looser, maybe save on slides and stop the ratcheting)

Viper_Dave just went to a 144" on his Attack, not sure if he still has his stock 136" or if he was planning on keeping it to put back in the sled at some point. You could try shooting him a PM to see if it's available.

Back