• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which studs?

Which studs are the best

• Roetin Hornets or the new ins

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Studboy Lake racer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woodys triggers

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys buying a new sled need to stud it I rise alot of rivers lakes and groomed trail do some ice racing too

I also have Woody Gold Diggers and I've used them on all my sleds and they've always worked and lasted very well.

I have ice attack track pre studded with 96 woodys so iam probly not the best to give a testtament on how well they hook by them self I will say the ice attack track hooked very well on ice before I studded it iy was just a loose in the corners on groomed trail so I added the gold diggers problem solved

can i use woody studs with the stud boy plastic backers? anyone have any experience with them?

As long as as the thread pitch is the same 5/16 by 24 pitch I do belive shouldnt be a issue would go to a local shop and put the studs side by side make sure the threads are all the same length if they are shouldnt be a issue just need to buy the tool also and in all honisty wish I would have seen those beforeI did mine cause I would have went and tried it that way the stud boy pplastic backers look like they add even more grip in the snow the way there designed

If ur talking about the stud boy prolite backrers like in the pic u need the tool in the pic as well the nut is part of the backer I honestly think these backers will help with cornering in loose condtions
images-24.jpeg
images-47.jpeg

can i use woody studs with the stud boy plastic backers? anyone have any experience with them?

DO NOT...please....do yourself a favor....DO NOT use any other backer with Woody's studs other than a Woody's backer. I found this out the hard way. A non-Woody's backer will not clinch up properly on a Woody's stud. My (ex) dealer screwed me by using my requested Woody's Signature studs and said they used Woody's backers. I didn't know any better. At 1000 miles I started losing studs (thought this was normal) and eventually put a stud thru the front heat exchanger.

I complained directly to Woody's and they asked for a stud and backer from the sled. The Owner/Prez/? (Mark) actually CALLED me to explain that while it was in fact a Woody's stud, the dealer used a non Woody's, CHEAP backer.

Mark didn't have to do squat for me but offered to send me the right backers at no charge. Now that's service IMO!!!

Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.....do it the right way!

Sorry for the emotional outburst! The stud going thru the exchanger happened on day 1 of a 4 day bag trip. My friends rode on while I made arrangements to get back home. I said to myself "NEVER AGAIN" will I have a trip ruined because of something like this.

EDIT - again....I apologize for getting emotional on this! It wrecked a trip that I was really REALLY looking forward to.

Last edited:

Back