• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who makes Yamaha riding gear?

NLP_SLED_GUY

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SkiDoo GT-L 600R
2005 RS Rage
2003 RX1
1980 Arctic Cat Panther
I read that the Yamaha gear is made by FXR. i recently bought a used set of “Yamaha Men’s Flotex Jkt” and matching bib pants. Not sure how old they are. I Iove the gear but the pants zippers are a bit beat up. I’d like a new set, maybe without OEM labels. The inside of the gear looks like it has a shiny sprayed foil like finish.

Thanks,

those are fxr for sure. i know my local dealer is trying to clear a whole bunch of yamaha sled gear. i just bought new klim gear a few years ago and didn't see anything he had that i had to have.

you could always do what i did with the 1st set of bibs i bought for myself 23 years ago. i just had all the stiching re done and had gotten new zippers put in. they where a set of ckx leather bibs i bought with my 1st new sled and i still wear them on occasion. when repairing, depends on the condition of the material on the inside of the legs, where you sit on the seat and the knees. i tend to mess up the knees/inside of legs on mine mostly as i use them when helping a buddy with the trap line and ice fishing in the winter.

With you being in lower MI and if you already haven't, you need to plan on attending the Novi Snow Show this year. It's a great place to find late model styles of gear at discounted prices. Can't tell you how many times I've gone in Port Yamaha/Artic Cat's booth to chat with Kevin and pick up some 8DN belts and leave with a bag full of clothing/gear.

With you being in lower MI and if you already haven't, you need to plan on attending the Novi Snow Show this year. It's a great place to find late model styles of gear at discounted prices. Can't tell you how many times I've gone in Port Yamaha/Artic Cat's booth to chat with Kevin and pick up some 8DN belts and leave with a bag full of clothing/gear.
My wife loves that town. She’s Japanese and loves the Asian markets there. Semi-jokingly telling me she wants to move to Novi. Of course she knows that will never happen. I love being up north. In fact, I’d move to the U.P. but I think lawyers might get involved.

Thanks!

those are fxr for sure. i know my local dealer is trying to clear a whole bunch of yamaha sled gear. i just bought new klim gear a few years ago and didn't see anything he had that i had to have.

you could always do what i did with the 1st set of bibs i bought for myself 23 years ago. i just had all the stiching re done and had gotten new zippers put in. they where a set of ckx leather bibs i bought with my 1st new sled and i still wear them on occasion. when repairing, depends on the condition of the material on the inside of the legs, where you sit on the seat and the knees. i tend to mess up the knees/inside of legs on mine mostly as i use them when helping a buddy with the trap line and ice fishing in the winter.
Thanks, I’ve been trying to kinda cross reference this gear to the current FXR line and I’m not having much luck. The F.A.S.T. Product line might be close. Maybe the gear I bought used was a bit older than I was led to believe. I still like the stuff.

Lookng over the FXR line I see they have a warmth scale. Great, but without some type of reference it only means one jacket is warmer than the other. Doesn’t really tell me much Other than the price almost doubles.

In my short riding experience I always just wanted to not be cold. Lower end gear simply isn’t as good. Surprise! Like helmets, There’s more to it. As proven by a shelve in my basement lined with various helmets.

I have to take another look at the zippers. I kinda remember considering replacing them once nut they appeared to be sealed zippers molded to the material. It didn’t look easily done but I admit I don’t know.

Thanks!

Yamaha gear has been made by a number of manufacturers over the years. We have seen FXR, Klim and even some off brands make gear for Yamaha. So there is no blanket statement for all years.

FYI FAST is the Float Assist technology and found in a number of FXR lines of clothing. Klim has just released some flotation products this past model year as well.
Good luck!

if it was made by FXR send it to them an they will put new zippers in an do other repairs if needed free of charge i have send them my old team race jacket i don't know how many times they have fixed it lots . but give them a call first they are great.

Interesting. I’ll give it a shot.

I have looked around for someplace semi local to see in a new zipper. A place in Canada claims to specialize in doing it. Not sure how feasible that is.

I have been watching marketplace and flea bay for similar gear. No luck.

Looking at maybe a new set of gear and see what happens. Do most of you have multiple sets of riding gear?

Thanks again all.

Regarding your comment about looking for a local repair shop to replace the zipper, we have a local Goodyear Shoe Store that along with doing shoe repairs, they can also perform cloths repairs and alterations and have used them several times to replace zippers in bibs, jackets, and even had them stitch in new velco strips on my Apex tank bag. Just something to keep in mind in case you have any places that do shoe repairs to see if they might be able to replace the zipper.

I'm tell you give FXR a call as for customer service an tell what you need an they will take it back look at it repaired it an look at the other zippers too to see if they are ok if not they will replace them also too and it come back good as new , they stand by there stuff an you will be a happy

Interesting. I’ll give it a shot.

I have looked around for someplace semi local to see in a new zipper. A place in Canada claims to specialize in doing it. Not sure how feasible that is.

I have been watching marketplace and flea bay for similar gear. No luck.

Looking at maybe a new set of gear and see what happens. Do most of you have multiple sets of riding gear?

Thanks again all.
umm, yes lol. i still have my riding parka from the 80s (and it still fits). i have 4 complete sets of sledding gear that i have to loan to guests that don't have any. when i travel to ride, i always bring a spare set of gear as i will ride in the rain/wet snow and a suprise night ride with the guys is always better in dry gear after being out all day. i have loaned out my spare helmet as well to keep another rider going.

Back