• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who wins in 2015?

Grimm

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 MXZ 850
I'm thinking Polaris has made the greatest strides this year.

What does everyone else think?

I agree, they've completely redone the Rush and while I'd like to try one, I wouldn't buy it as I just don't trust their motors. I like the Rush and how it rides/handles..but motor reliability has a lot to be desired. My buddies 2011 600 just went down for the second time in 4000 miles and hes stuck paying. I also spoke with a buddy who is a mechanic at a local Poo dealer and he said the 800s have been going down all winter. Plus I'm just a believer in 4 strokes now having ridden one for 5 seasons. I know they say this is a new motor...but time will tell.

Polaris without a doubt. Love the rush/switchback but their 2 strokes hold me back from getting one. Put a Nytro motor in one and now we're talking! Axys is one sweet sled, no doubt

Polaris for sure !
I'm really liking the SB pro x

Must be skidoos idle year , nothing really new there ......

In this order:

Polaris
Doo
Cat
Yamaha

Next year Polaris will have this motor and revised body work in the Indy, Assault, and mountain sleds. Skidoo will do something to play catch up.

Cat and Yamaha are going to get left in the dust.

My opinion is that it's wasn't hard for Polaris to make the top sled for 15'..they've had 20 years to come out with something good. The rush was their big break..and it seems as tho they are claiming the new ones are just a "refined" version on that. Different body panels doesn't mean much in the whole realm of things. Less weight is good as well as more hp..maybe now their 800 is in the same hp class as the cat 800..I mean they did have to have about a 10-15hp increase to equal what cat or skidoo have had for a few years now. If you base the top sled on the changes that were made then no doubt Polaris is top. Nothing was changed on the viper, why?...what is there that needs to be changed? Still top trail sled in my opinion in the aspect that you can ride it all day for the entire winter..put gas in it, change oil at the end of the year and it's ready for the same exact thing the following year. Let's see how these new 2 strokes hold up turning 8400!

As far as mountain sleds doo definitely takes the gold so impressed with the sled I will be snowchecking this year

Polaris is the clear overall winner. For a touring sled, I think its gotta be the Pantera 7000. I don't know or honestly much care who wins the mountain segment. Work sled are all Doo, even if nothing has changed save for the 900 in a few more places and a fancy key. Yamaha is definitely looking to sell more Cats, and rightly so, but they aren't doing anything with their line-up.

i would'nt give up the apex for any polaris even with more hp they certainly need it we like lake running and apex shines the weight don,t matter and trails in my area are groomed anyway yamaha keep makin the apex :yam:

Back