• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHOS GOT THE MOST MILES ON THERE NYTRO SO FAR??

7500km on MCX 190 kit. Sounds from this thread that It's barely a drop in the bucket.
Are you high mileage guys doing ANY engine maintenance or just let her run as is.

Replaced
Chain
Track
Driver bearings and secondary clutch bearings
Bogie wheel bearing

25000 mi, gets better every ride. winder sitting in the shop waiting for parts

11,870, Ready for more next season!!:4STroke:

With these Nytro's now with a lot of miles on, are any in need of valve adjustments like we are seeing on some Vipers?

yes, did mine at like 23000 mi. exhaust were 1/2 way tight. vipers are well known to be way worse. I assume the rear exhaust keeps valve temp down?????

yes, did mine at like 23000 mi. exhaust were 1/2 way tight. vipers are well known to be way worse. I assume the rear exhaust keeps valve temp down?????
So I guess I'm still good at 9000 miles?

So I guess I'm still good at 9000 miles?
If I remember right, they were sold to be good for 25000, and that is pretty much it. I wouldn't bother until at least 20. thing is, once a valve is to tight, it goes bad really quick. just took .01 off a snowblower ex valve this morning. ran like new. it is obvious there are many engines known to be an issue. with snowblowers, it seems to me the carb issues cause it to burn, then even with a good carb, the damage is done. I paid close attention to nytros and vipers, and I believe a lot of vipers had valve issues 10000 or less. I am about as likely to get rid of my nytro as I am my kabota tractor.

Its great to see all the higher mileage Nytro's out there. There has always lots of talk about high mileage Apex and Vectors. Nice to be able to add the Nytro to that list. I bought my 08' with 6,000 miles on it and completely rebuilt and modified it from top to bottom with all except the motor and clutches. In 2 seasons I put 2,300 miles on it so with a total of 8,300 miles I look forward to many more enjoyable miles on it. G.B.

Just over 4k on my 13 XTX.

Ball joints last season. That's it.

15,800 miles on my 2009 XTX. Everything I have done is documented on my Front End+ Rebuild thread... Nothing to engine, not even plugs since I have had her... Pretty much all the normal wear parts, all the bushings and seals, starter. She runs strong, I have learned start with no gas and let warm up thoroughly whether 40 F or -30 F, if I don't, need to add a little throttle and keep revs up just below clutch engagement until warmed up or she stalls. Otherwise, love this sled, dialed in now and even when a friend lets me ride his brand new sled, I want to get back on my super smooth Nytro!

Back